Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Was time to get the green card for Morocco last 3 years have been £20 £20 £35 when I took my insurance in august I mentioned I'd want another and they said get in touch nearer the time so yesterday I phoned them and got this year's price
Only 90 days instead of 120 at the bargain price of only £258 or £22 PW.
Can I get one elsewhere without changing insurers ??.
Also plan B anyone recommend a campsite we can pitch up on for 4-6 weeks Spain say Cartagena to Malaga way,
Thanks, put this here as don't want to hijack Morocco thead

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We are with Comfort Dave, and paid £20 for a 3 month green card in september.
Don't know what we will do next time we do maroc, as comfort are the only ones that do full-time insurance?
Hope to see you n Maggie in Tafraoute.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We are with Comfort. I sent this email to them after getting a quote for a Green Card:

Previously you quoted me £20 for 3 months. Now I understand from another client of yours that the price is £221 for 3 months. This is an increase of >1000%. Safeguard are still offering a green card for free. Can you please tell me how your underwriters can justify this. Surely you must understand that this will loose you quite a lot of custom.

Thank you.

This is their reply:

Yes you are correct, previously the charge was just £20.00 to issue the document. Aviva have now changed their pricing criteria which is not negotiable.

The prices for the green card vary, depending on length of trip as it is a weekly charge, hence why another client was quoted a difference price.

We have had lots of feedback regarding the new prices and Aviva are aware of the comments we have received. The price we are quoting is the best price we can provide at this time.

Daylight robbery! :xangry:

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520

Are you able to quantify that? as the green card scheme originates from a UN recommendation and was not therefore founded by the European Union.
Whilst the EU has agreed to allow British citizens to retain access to the EHIC health insurance card after Brexit.
As for internet access and breakdown cover, maybe you can enlighten us?

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Safeguard Dave - the Green Card for Maroc is included at the moment.
Thanks Ken @canopus gave them a ring there insurance was about £100 more than mine at the moment (free green card) but will check them out again renewal time August. Sadly giving Morocco a miss this year and looking forward to a good scout round Spain
Cheers and hello to Lynda

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back