Greece 2022 (5 Viewers)

Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
Enjoy. Like others, we were stopped by covid - ferry was booked, green card for BiH all for nought. Will follow with interest as we’re planning Crete for over the winter; other commitments (weddings/other holidays …. ) put a stop to going this Spring so we’re going to France for Tour de F - via Italy when we get back end of May.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Those who say they were stopped by Covid, I presume it was because of the UK-France restrictions, because we travelled to Greece from Poland last summer with no problems, just armed with vaccination certificates.

Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
Those who say they were stopped by Covid, I presume it was because of the UK-France restrictions, because we travelled to Greece from Poland last summer with no problems, just armed with vaccination certificates.
That's right - and the need to travel through several countries with ever changing rules meant that planning anything was next impossible. We toured Scotland - along with lots of others! - something we had been threatening to do for a while, but knowing it could always wait for 'another day'

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
That's right - and the need to travel through several countries with ever changing rules meant that planning anything was next impossible. We toured Scotland - along with lots of others! - something we had been threatening to do for a while, but knowing it could always wait for 'another day'

We travelled through Slowakia, Austria, Italy into Greece and only had to show papers at Patras and then when we flew back into Poland. All vey easy. Except for entry into France I doubt whether anyone from UK would have been stopped crossing borders, but it is in the past now.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Thinking of you my little munchkin as I spend a night with the sheep and cows at Louth Livestock Auctions, busy day today, farmers out in force with their livestock trailers, love to the lovely Meena, have a great trip and don’t drink the Retsina, it’s made from assorted animal bollocks and vinegar, mind you, your used to that, you keep leaving a box full at the end of the table:giggle:(y)

B1810D5A-8CA7-4056-9095-9D89F2D6314E.jpeg

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Have a fabulous time!
We‘re in Preveza at the moment. Arrived on the Ancona -Igoumenitsa ferry on Saturday. We usually do the trip twice a year (covid permitting) to get to the boat we keep here.
Being launched in a few hours time then hopefully heading to the Peloponnese a few days later. Back in July☺️

We drove out to the boat in both 2020 and 2021, leaving the U.K. in late August both times. The extra paperwork was an irritation but not restrictive. We don’t use campsites so no planning was needed.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A georgous morning, blue skies and a grat view looking down into Basel and beyond from anouther free Aire we stayed at last night. The plan today is simple get a Swiss Vignette and then through the Gothard tunnel and overnight on the free Aire at Arillo. This will set us up nicely for our visit to Milan tomorrow.

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Have a fabulous time!
We‘re in Preveza at the moment. Arrived on the Ancona -Igoumenitsa ferry on Saturday. We usually do the trip twice a year (covid permitting) to get to the boat we keep here.
Being launched in a few hours time then hopefully heading to the Peloponnese a few days later. Back in July☺️

We drove out to the boat in both 2020 and 2021, leaving the U.K. in late August both times. The extra paperwork was an irritation but not restrictive. We don’t use campsites so no planning was needed.

Jealous:envy:

But how did you arrive on Sat and ready for launch on Tues? Did you cheat and get the yard to do all the maintenance and anti-fouling? :LOL:

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Jealous:envy:

But how did you arrive on Sat and ready for launch on Tues? Did you cheat and get the yard to do all the maintenance and anti-fouling? :LOL:
Because we arrived early in the morning on Saturday from the ferry and worked very hard. It was mainly cleaning that needed doing. Only the keel needed anti fouling as the hull is copper coated. The engine just needed an oil change before leaving the yard and will be serviced whilst on the water.
The skipper runs a tight ship (pun intended) re maintenance and is pro active rather than reactive, working on the basis that if anything can go wrong it probably will so it’s best to have spares for everything, and a spare for the spare just in case.

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Because we arrived early in the morning on Saturday from the ferry and worked very hard. It was mainly cleaning that needed doing. Only the keel needed anti fouling as the hull is copper coated. The engine just needed an oil change before leaving the yard and will be serviced whilst on the water.
The skipper runs a tight ship (pun intended) re maintenance and is pro active rather than reactive, working on the basis that if anything can go wrong it probably will so it’s best to have spares for everything, and a spare for the spare just in case.

Of course there are two of you. Not having to anti-foul the hull saves a lot of time.

How far do you have to go to pay the 'in-the-water' tax, assuming you stop paying when out of the water. Or can you just drop into Port Police after launching, but maybe yard has to see receipt before they are allowed to launch

What does Preveza yard charge per metre per month, and how much lift out/in? At Poros Marine I was paying €100pcm for 10m boat and I think €240 out/in.

Apologies to others for slight thread drift, but it is all about different reasons for going to Greece.

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
How’s the weather in Preveza?

Landing tomorrow for a months cycling holiday.

Jul 30, 2019
Wirral Peninsula, Wirral, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 2018
Hi PhilandMena, how did your traveling go yesterday, are you at the free Aire. Hoping to set of that way soon, never been before in the morning so waiting each day for your posts, enjoy

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
A georgous morning, blue skies and a grat view looking down into Basel and beyond from anouther free Aire we stayed at last night. The plan today is simple get a Swiss Vignette and then through the Gothard tunnel and overnight on the free Aire at Arillo. This will set us up nicely for our visit to Milan tomorrow.
Hiya, hope you're having a good trip, did you mean the park up at Airolo?

Might be a bit too late for you but you can park up at Saronno and get the train in to Milan from there.
There is a small parking (3 vans) just across the road from the station on Via Dalmazia, no facs 45.62441 9.02474
And a scruffy aire with a service point just around the corner at 45.61261 9.04285 on Via EH Grieg.

Pete

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi PhilandMena, how did your traveling go yesterday, are you at the free Aire. Hoping to set of that way soon, never been before in the morning so waiting each day for your posts, enjoy
Yes all went well thanks. A good drive down to Airolo a couple of hundred meters past the Gothard tunnel exit. There's a lot of ground works going on at the moment but still plenty of overnight ingredients options. We choose to go next to the ski lifts where there is a sizable car park. It looks to me if there adding anouther large car park and using a lower one for storage of materials. It's a decent size job and will be a great stopover shen finished. We are now parked in a farmyard with anouther 8 motorhomes a short tram ride from the city centre. Pictures to follow.

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Enjoy your trip Phil, nice meeting you at Newark, albeit only for a short while, will be watching your trip enviously.

Big slim

Free Member
Feb 21, 2018
Dumfriesshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
After two years of cancellations due to Covid we are about to set off on this long awaited adventure.
France-Luxemburg-Switzerland-Italy-San Marino-Greece-Crete and then return. I will post updates as we progress.
Hi to both, what ferry company are you using to cross

Jun 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680
Good weather now and parked up just above Basel on a FLT winery listening to Keb Mo and have opened 2nd bottle of good red. I would attach pictures as very , very scenic here but too shit faced to focus. Got a Herman not too far away and a cracking coach built Hymer. Glad a spelt that right! Switzerland tomorrow. Mena says hello.
Edit. Topped up fuel in Mulhouse. 1.92. Its going up by about one cent s day now, minimum. Germany mostly 2.0 plus.
please excuse my ignorance, I'm new here. what's an FLT ?

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Going to the Peloponnese for 5 weeks in 2017 has been the highpoint of our admittedly short motorhome lives. We drove through France, into Italy, across the Po valley to Ancona taking in gems such as Fontellanata and Ravenna before getting on the ferry to Patras. Really enjoyable crossing with blue skies, blue sea and the Albanian coast line.
Have a great time. We may go again this time in September rather than May/June.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
please excuse my ignorance, I'm new here. what's an FLT ?
A long used term to describe those who wild camp. Sadly this did not sit well with the odd member and as a result the term Free Loading T**ser was used to describe them.
I and other seasoned members love this term and have adopted it much to the dislike of those who used it in the first place. Long live the FLT'S. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just back from visiting Milan and pictures will be posted shortly as I'm in the middle of washing my shreddies and socks, there minging and Mena has given me some stick. Anyway, good news, fuel in Italy is cheaper than France, Germany and Luxemburg. We're seeing around 1.80 on average and no doubt lower if hunted down. The ring road around Milan is an adventure by the way.

Sue and Rick

Free Member
Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020
Have a fabulous time!

Our friends used to keep their boat in Prev for the winter.
Nydri for the summer.
They’re in Evia now as they have kept it there for the last 3 years.
Lovely Moody 38 but now it’s up for sale.

Are you going through the canal and back round ?

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
It was 6 deg at the Airolo Aire and 2 hours later when we drove into Milan it was 19 deg and climbing. The ring road was very busy but motorists were behaving themselves. A €2.0 tram ticket got us into the Doumo and it was rammed. We tried to get in but the ques for tickets were too long for my very short patient's. The cathedral is outstanding and a must see place as is the indoor shopping centre with the high class stores and cool artworks. We did the tourist thing and then found a small restaurant and had some pucka Italian pasta and wine €40.0, trust me we did well on that, the prices are scary.
IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG
IMG_0266.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0272.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG