Rally Great Cornish Food & Drink Festival 25-27 Sept 2015 (1 Viewer)

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well I'm glad the scones things is sorted, I wasn't going to get involved other then eating them.

@fleurette we're also on site ours is a hard standing at blue 15, currently in the reception area as we are not getting wifi on our pitch, we've just been out sussing the buses, if it's Truro or. Falmouth you want it's now the U1 as from locals it would appear things have changed, and not always on time, there is a stop outside the site for Falmouth 1/4 past the hour and 1/4 to the hour, the bus goes down the road, turns right over the dual carriageway, turns right again to the roundabout to take the Falmouth exit. I cannot be held responsible for bus timings, I can only go by what it says, if they're late they're or in fact early

For Truro walk the same route over the Dual carriageway, at the junction cross the road, that's where the Truro bus stop is, basically opposite the Falmouth one.

For anyone contemplating shopping at tescos in Truro, they have parking system I've not seen before, but firstly, when you come off the main road towards tescos, the first car park is council owned, so carry on a 100 yards or so, to the next left turn, unbeknown to us they take a photo of your happy smilie faces, but more importantly, a photo of your vehicles reg no. So we go in, sit for a cup of costa coffee, thinking we've got 2 hours shopping time. Don't rush, fortunately we eventually got to the checkout, and the young lass says, have we been there longer then 30 minutes, yep we have, have we been There under 2 hours, yes by 20 minutes, that's okay, you need to take this voucher to have it confirmed at the machine otherwise you will be getting a notice through the post for overstaying, so we hotfooted it out, packed the stuff away went to the machines at the front learnt how to confirm it and went, once confirmed, you have about 15"minutes to leave the site.

I'm posting this now, but will be doing some editing,as predictive text is driving me up the wall, however a very nice site as we are concerned, first time we've been here, but it's been first time everywhere we've been this year

Last edited:

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hope you all have a great time! We would have joined you, and it would have been the first time we've done that, but Sod's law my wife is doing something called the Tuff Enuff challenge over a 16km assault course down near Porthcurno this weekend. Me? I'm in charge of the team BBQ....pity as we only live in Probus, five miles outside Truro.

We visited Probus on Saturday, but only because there was a sign indicating of the A390, local services as in food, but we didn't find a cafe, a pub that was closed, but it looked a nice place, so we drove back to the A390 to continue our journey porthscatho site

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Oh forgot according to the timetable at the Truro bus stop, timings are shown as oops the only ones I wrote were 0941 and 10.11, think it's the same every half hour, well we probably will find out tomorrow as we're off to Truro for some sightseeing, and Falmouth on Thursday, all things being even.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
When I arrive on Thursday, as well as pasties and beer, I will have with me bus timetables (covering the whole county), details of the cycle network and cycle hire points, information regarding the Fal River Links, walking books, O.S. maps, leaflets for local attractions, and much more.
It's a good job my motor home has a large garage and generous payload!
Stef.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If you take the A390 towards St Austell about 2-4 miles outside Tresillian you will come to a place called Sticker, It's the first Car Sales on the main road you come to. Turn right there and follow the signs for "GRIGGS Farm supplies" M/H friendly Car park (just) up stairs to the restaurant (there is a lift) have what ever you like, but!!!, make sure you get whatever with chips, that place sells the best chips ever! I would go as far and say the best chips in the west country!

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Stef, your bound to forget something from that extensive list of things. as along as it's not the booze and pasties.

Last edited:

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi @fleurette popped down to your pitch about 30-40 minutes ago, didn't see anyone in, and didn't knock just in case you were having an afternoon nap

As we haven't got wifi on the pitch, will have to return to the reception area if and when necessary.

Our mobile phone is 07956989610

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
image.jpeg

Arrived at the CC club site in Tintagel
What fantastic views!
Just walked along the coastal path to Boscastle for a pint of Cornish Beet and a super of Grilled Plaice.
It's great to be back in Cornwall

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have put a new combination lock and alarm system on the drinks locker

I'm sure that picking a simple lock can't be any more difficult than picking your nose

image.jpeg

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The alarm system includes a flame thrower - you would be lucky to get that far.....
As luck would have it Mrs C bought me a new Onesie for Christmas last year - I'm sure it would protect me from anything your drinks cabinet could throw at me
I'm VERY determined

image.jpeg

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
And the cyanide gas protection?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It is a great improvement on your looks. You should wear it all the time......

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
........ Tootles taught me all I know........

Some people will do anything to get someone to get a free beer........(y)
A shot of your Rum my go some way to soothing my hurt feelings ....,

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Well!!!! Looking at the posts this morning I think me and the missus will be a bit underdressed looking at what some of you will be wearing

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well!!!! Looking at the posts this morning I think me and the missus will be a bit underdressed looking at what some of you will be wearing
Can't help it if @Robert Clark is a closet rubber fetishist.........

........actually not really "closet".........

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have met up with Whoa this morning so that's 2 more names that we can put a faces too, Phil and Julie

Hope it wasn't to much of a shock when you saw us, we know it's our good looks that attract people

image.jpg

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
@fleurette and the whoas were on the same bus to Truro this morning, I can say that the erecting of the marquees on lemon quay is in full progress, this is very close to M&S, and the bus station, bus uses 'B' bay. it's the U1, because we don't yet qualify for bus passes, mine due in November, if they're still allowing them, 2 adult returns £9.00

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
See you fellas friday arvo.

Spending tomorrow getting ready, crack sack and back, spray tan (Mediterranean #7 ) woven brows, tongue scrub, smoking jacket (Paisley pattern) Crimplin Blazer, (with regimental badge of the 1st battalion the Willy Wavers) Tartan Tarboose, scarlet Ugg boots, and fruit of the loom mankini (lime green!):Eeek:

See you there boys!:party2:

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
See you fellas friday arvo.

Spending tomorrow getting ready, crack sack and back, spray tan (Mediterranean #7 ) woven brows, tongue scrub, smoking jacket (Paisley pattern) Crimplin Blazer, (with regimental badge of the 1st battalion the Willy Wavers) Tartan Tarboose, scarlet Ugg boots, and fruit of the loom mankini (lime green!):Eeek:

See you there boys!:party2:

So that's what Maureen's doing. What about you Rangi?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back