Got a date to collect our new Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
unexpected phone call today to arrange collection of our new toy.

It will be ready to collect on 27th March, so that was an easy decision; 27th of March it is (who cares if it is a Tuesday) and in time for Easter as well.

Seven weeks and counting.

Really looking forward to trying it out, not sure if it is just us but lost enthusiasm for going away in our old beastie, but at least it should come to no harm tucked up in storage.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Fantastic, what have you opted for.

All the best,

Andrew

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Have fun and enjoy. Hope to see you and your van at a meet some where.(y)

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
We went for an Elddis Encore 255, not everyone’s cup of tea but the only vehicle that ticked all our boxes so we are both as excited as each other.

Would be good to get the odd rally in and from May will be starting the gradual wind down for retirement going to a four day week so no more working on a Monday.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh bet you are excited and the vehicle of your choice only needs to fit your cup of tea. I think theres compromises made by everyone when choosing vans.

Does it have a name?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
That’s exciting news and look forward to seeing photos!!!

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@irnbru We have never been that in to naming vehicles, although my wife is concerned our old one will be upset if it finds out we have replaced it. Me I think it knows it has it coming after letting the power steering go on strike the furthest tip of narrow @ twisty Cornwall.

Bearing in mind a well known German company bought Elddis last year, we could call it “Hymee” and pretend we have a proper motorhome LoL

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@CCC Dont worry only a temporary break, we have already booked our tunnel crossing for our first European excursion in a motorhome to travel down to Barcelona to spend a week by the coast with our eldest daughter plus lots of long weekends visiting old haunts and discovering some new ones.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
We went for an Elddis Encore 255, not everyone’s cup of tea but the only vehicle that ticked all our boxes so we are both as excited as each other.

Would be good to get the odd rally in and from May will be starting the gradual wind down for retirement going to a four day week so no more working on a Monday.
Don't worry about anyone else's cup of tea (y) Just had a look, nice MoHo, enjoy:D

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@ABZSteve is it your first new motor home?

I just need to stay focussed and remember to check it thoroughly before handing over the balance of the money and not get caught up in the excitement of the moment

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@ABZSteve So what have you got coming in March?

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@irnbru Amazingly, only real compromise was by me as it is a foot longer than I would have ideally liked. Inside it is pretty much perfect

Other than that I do like the contrasting blue/grey cabs but sadly ours only comes in white.

The Autotrail 715 met our criteria including length and coloured cab for me but just didn’t excite SWMBO and to be fair the Alde heating, massive fridge, two extra belted seats and low line roof are a massive bonus to us.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
@ABZSteve is it your first new motor home?

I just need to stay focussed and remember to check it thoroughly before handing over the balance of the money and not get caught up in the excitement of the moment
This will be our second new purchase (y)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We went for an Elddis Encore 255..........

We looked at the Encore range in 2016 and they looked like very comfy vans inside; the 255 being the nicest IMO due to the seating layout.

I hope you have some great times in it(y)

All the best,

Andrew

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
When does the registration number change, April?????

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@GWAYGWAY March 1st. Dealer suggested as it will be an 18 model year it might be best to wait until number plate change to save any confusion as and when we want to sell.

Seemed to make sense to us.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I was not sure if it was March or April.. I got my new one 27th May taxed from the day but all the new ones were a few pounds more the cover the odd days road tax for DVLC for the previous month not the complete previous month. Why did they make you wait most of March until the end, almost.

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@GWAYGWAY When I rang the dealer on the Thursday of the NEC (we visited on the Wednesday) they still had a couple of vehicles due to arrive before Christmas but would have been registered and ready for collection in 2017.

I was tempted to shorten the wait but they mentioned it can confuse things when the new model year vehicle is on the previous years registration.

When I rang back on the Saturday the earliest builds available were late March/ early April so the earlier option no longer available.

We were planning to go back to have another look on the Sunday and were very tempted with the deal offered but didn’t want to wait any longer than April so they offered to secure the late March/April build for a small refundable deposit to hold it until the Sunday.

It took the pressure off and we looked again on the Sunday and loved it apart from my last minute shock about how much wider the new Motorhomes are (but that is an old post)

The dealer sold about 30 Motorhomes at the NEC

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back