Free Member
Apr 3, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
mercedes sprinter class c
Exp
Hi All,

There is so much info on here, There is no doubt all my questions would have been answered, so apols for the request!

Please could I ask a massive favor, I'm planning a 6 month trip through France and Northern Spain , South of France and possibly to Tuscany or Corsica. Or Portugal

I have used the Aires in france before, but only through the assistance of a french girl. Not so lucky this time...yet!

I'm planning a lot of free stopovers in safe Aires , or very reasonable Municipals , iv just purchased, The France Passion book.

I don't really want to spend a mint on books, be it paper format or electric. Also , I like concise as as im not a massive lover of paper, unless its the spending type.

But for predominantly France and Northern Spain, which ones would you consider pretty essential and invaluable for 2013

Im planning to head off soon, so will have to get some orders in , or il be on the road regretting not doing my sums!

Any advice on titles , be it Paper, Electric , id be really grateful!

Mike :Smile:

Last edited:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mike,

As you've already got France Passion, you might like to add the Spanish version, Espana Discovery to that.

Link to website here, or you can get it from Vicarious books.

Steve :Smile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There is so much on the web , if you are taking some form of computer with you , you won't need many books

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
A search will show that I, and many others, have recommended Camping Car Infos whenever people ask this question. It is our primary source for aires. If you want a portable version without internet access, you can download a copy to install on your pc for a very modest fee. Also, the SatNav POI files are freely downloadable from the website. In French, but very easy to understand and it covers many countries.

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
For Spain..
www.vayacamping.net is useful

also this one for Spainish aires Link Removed

this... Link Removed

Just web search for a day.. There are many out there..

OP
OP
mikempg

mikempg

Free Member
Apr 3, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
mercedes sprinter class c
Exp
Cheers guys, at least it will save a bit of server load for others too :RollEyes:

Now iv got some names to go on, the search facility will be used! :Smile:

Thanks again
Mike

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
if you are taking a windows pc i like the ACSI interactive DVD. once loaded it allows you to look for sites by a simple click of the mouse on any area of the map, zoom in, photos of the site and loads of data, even a route between chosen sites. and its not only ACSI discounted sites its also any site that has been accredited by them so there are loads more than in the book and it covers the whole of Europe.:thumb: £11 either from ACSI or Vicariuos books.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I plan every French trip using the CCI website, Google Translate and Google Streetview, then navigate around the aires using CCI's free POI files.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back