Girl + Dog + Touring Bike in Norway (1 Viewer)

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Hi folks - Murph the old terrier and Jac here! We've started our epic self-supported bicycle tour and are presently in Olderfjord, Norway. With the stinking weather at the moment, we sure miss our Murvi!! I haven't seen very many GB 'vans at all since leaving Ivalo, Finland 6 days ago. Only one PVC and a couple of tuggers. Masses and masses of Dutch, French and a few Spanish though - where are all the Funsters?? In any case, if you are here and see a frozen girl on a heaving bicycle with a little dog on the back, please say hi!! Follow us on https://dogandsnailbiketravels.wordpress.com if you wish.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    327.2 KB · Views: 134

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Wow, great photo of you, doggie and laden down bike.
Good luck on your travels and I hope the weather gets kinder.:)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Wow well done ... weather has been good whilst we are travelling through Sweden at the moment heading to Norway ..except for the mozzles which have started to attack..

Will keep a lookout for you as we go ..
Hope the weather improves for you soon

John,Kath, L'il Tom n Bertie x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Fantastic ... cycle touring is the best! Well done you and Murph. Looking forward to reading your blog.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
What a trip. Fantastic.

We've dabbled with bike touring but 3 weeks or so at most so I'm very impressed.

Out of interest, what did you do in your "previous" life to equip you for such a challenge? Or not, as the case may be!

Good luck.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
What an amazing trip! You’re one intrepid woman.

I hope the weather improves for you and look forward to following your journey. :)

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
What a trip. Fantastic.

We've dabbled with bike touring but 3 weeks or so at most so I'm very impressed.

Out of interest, what did you do in your "previous" life to equip you for such a challenge? Or not, as the case may be!

Good luck.
Thank you Judith! Equip myself? Financially, physically or mentally? If that's what you mean...no kids, a portable job as a chef (and dog training instructor) and a great disrespect for conventional living! I'll die a pauper, but a pauper with cool memories.

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
How old is Murph now?
Murph is 14!!! A bit deaf but all other systems are still go. Sleeps a bit more, but then so do I. She's raising money for The Oldies Club on this trip - a charity that finds homes for overlooked abandoned dogs over seven. I'm not sure she's loving the Arctic weather at the moment, but as soon as the sun comes out, she'll have a big grin on her face!

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Wow well done ... weather has been good whilst we are travelling through Sweden at the moment heading to Norway ..except for the mozzles which have started to attack..

Will keep a lookout for you as we go ..
Hope the weather improves for you soon

John,Kath, L'il Tom n Bertie x
Fantastic!! We'll be cruising down the west coast from around Alta in about 4 days, weather permitting of course. Happy trails to you all!!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_959.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_959.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thank you Judith! Equip myself? Financially, physically or mentally? If that's what you mean...no kids, a portable job as a chef (and dog training instructor) and a great disrespect for conventional living! I'll die a pauper, but a pauper with cool memories.

I was thinking physically and more importantly mentally. I wondered if you'd been in the Services or something.

Thanks for your reply.

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
I was thinking physically and more importantly mentally. I wondered if you'd been in the Services or something.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your reply.
Aha! No, no special training or background. I am often overweight and unfit - am a secret smoker (a few a week), and am generally very lazy! But when i have a little dream, I am bloody-minded and very determined to make it happen. Perhaps being a professional chef has given me help with the intestinal fortitude!
Thank you very much for the interesting question!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back