Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
hi,
be warned not to stay in aires in france, especially south of lyon.
my wife and seven year old son at the time, used too, until we were gased. it is an epidemic in france, thats according to the french police.
burglars will fill you van via the air vents with dentistry gas whilst your sleeping rendering you partly unconscious. they then enter your vehicle and have all the time to do what that please. a very distubing experience and still plays on my mind, that they could of removed my son demanding all sorts of money or payments. cameras passports cash rings wallets purses handbags sat navs credit cards anything and everything with a value went.

please be careful
grahame
image (5).jpeg

Feb 4, 2016
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years
We met a really nice elderly couple in Italy last year and they told us that they had been gassed and robbed at a French motorway service area some years earlier.
A more genuine couple you would not meet and we had no reason to doubt their story.
We are always very selective where we overnight as I expect most people are.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
double post ... sorry! :D

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We met a really nice elderly couple in Italy last year and they told us that they had been gassed and robbed at a French motorway service area some years earlier.
A more genuine couple you would not meet and we had no reason to doubt their story.
We are always very selective where we overnight as I expect most people are.
How do they know they were gassed? Did they get tested for hospital for it or were yhey told by an unqualified French policeman who just wanted to give them a crime number and something to blame?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Can we ban anymore "gassing" threads until a credible (scientifically proven) source can prove that there are gangs of skilled anethatists roaming France using the world's safest and cheapest knockout gass to relieve Brits of their bling, iPads and rolls of cash?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If it is the low life that are carrying out the alleged gassings, where do "they" get the gas from? Would they buy it? If so, where is it bought and what restrictions are in place to stop it falling into the wrong hands? Would they steal it? if so, where do they steal it from, and how do they transport it? Also, why does it seem that only british motorhome owners fall foul of this dastardly crime? These criminals are amazing at the administration of anaesthetics that l can only wonder in awe.

Its because Brits are the only ones who wear a Rolex,,have two I phones and carry a couple of thousand pounds as loose change,,BUSBY:D:D

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Fantastic!
Gassing is back,where there is gassing there is hope,where there is hope there is fun,where there is fun there is LIFE.
Bring out the popcorn.
:D:D:LOL::LOL::p:p

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
A friend of mine, many years ago, was robbed on an autoroute aire. I asked if he was gassed, no he said, just robbed.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Please don’t put this one to bed until I’ve had a nice little earner from a fabricated claim. I know we’re a bit late to the party, but I was saving this for after retirement when money is going to be a bit tighter.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Just as a point of order, In English Law 'Robbery' is

"A person is guilty of robbery if he steals, and immediately before or at the time of doing so, and in order to do so, he uses force on any person or puts or seeks to put any person in fear of being then and there subjected to force."

I think that even if the reported cases were true it would not be 'robbery' under English law, which would apply under an English Insurance Contract.

Theft it might be.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Just as a point of order, In English Law 'Robbery' is

"A person is guilty of robbery if he steals, and immediately before or at the time of doing so, and in order to do so, he uses force on any person or puts or seeks to put any person in fear of being then and there subjected to force."

I think that even if the reported cases were true it would not be 'robbery' under English law, which would apply under an English Insurance Contract.

Theft it might be.
Extremely good point but totally superfluous because the subject in question, apparently, happens in France but that's yer to be substantiated that it's ever happened anyway

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
was the Poster gassed or not? we will never know , but , accordingly due to some of the comments made I would be careful what on put on this site. I have a open mind and I'm certainly not going to insult the poster over this what I did get positive from this post was to remind me to be extremely careful where I park up

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Oohhh this’ll add at least a few more pages to this thread....:pop:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
was the Poster gassed or not? we will never know , but , accordingly due to some of the comments made I would be careful what on put on this site. I have a open mind and I'm certainly not going to insult the poster over this what I did get positive from this post was to remind me to be extremely careful where I park up
Best to probably ask ANYONE who's been gassed. Not their mate, MIL, brother, sister or person in the shop. Find anyone who has been gassed and more importantly, paid out by an insurance company.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Best to probably ask ANYONE who's been gassed. Not their mate, MIL, brother, sister or person in the shop. Find anyone who has been gassed and more importantly, paid out by an insurance company.

Perhaps we can be more precise; anyone who has been medically proved to have been gassed. Insurance payouts are likely to have been made in the past as there are so many peeps who have perfected the DailyFail "look".

Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Since2010
Fifteen quid a year. What good value because it keeps gassers, burglars and other nasty people away. It is always friends, people i met or friends friend that have these incidents. It must be because we are members of Motorhome fun that we safe!!!!!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Damn, just found this thread when it's time for bed, I could have been reading this instead of wasting time watching TV. :(

Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Since2010
I looked at the first post and the last and remembered similiar posts over the years. In all that time and posts nobody appears to be the one affected just this one in 2009. Thank you Motorhome fun!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
This thread will run for longer than a DFS sale ! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun