Gas leak (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

sueacklam

Free Member
Oct 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
dethleff
We appear to have a leak on our gas flow system. We have turned the whole system off and we’re trying to find an engineer. At the moment we are in Peñíscola but moving on tomorrow to Benidorm. We have found a website with telephone number but when we ring it there is a recorded message in Spanish does anyone know of anybody that could help us TIA

Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
In Benidorm there’s a mobile caravan engineer who used to advertise on camping Raco notice board on the side of the office at the entrance to the site. I saw him on site a lot in Jan Feb time. You could also try the chap in the camping shop opposite camping Raco who could recommend someone as well .

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If you can identify where the leak is coming from it maybe that you can just tighten up a connection to stop the leak .A new washer required for example. If you can't get hold of any leak detector solution ,brush a soapy water solution over your system and see if you can find where the leak is. Small bubbles for tiny leaks and if you watch where you brush on the soap solution a large leak causes the soap to blow away .you can always put up a photo so someone can advise.

OP
OP
S

sueacklam

Free Member
Oct 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
dethleff
If you can identify where the leak is coming from it maybe that you can just tighten up a connection to stop the leak .A new washer required for example. If you can't get hold of any leak detector solution ,brush a soapy water solution over your system and see if you can find where the leak is. Small bubbles for tiny leaks and if you watch where you brush on the soap solution a large leak causes the soap to blow away .you can always put up a photo so someone can advise.
Thanks my hubby thinks it might be one of the pipes that has split but with me being a nervous wreck we’d prefer to get it sorted by the professionals. My other problem is I should have been a sniffer dog I’m always picking up smells that he can’t 🤣🤣

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
When you say gas flow do you mean gas low. If internal you should have some red isolation switches, one with an ice crystal for the fridge, a stove for the heater etc. if you turn them all off then try one at a time at least if its one of them you will have some services. If using washing up liquid to test for leaks wash it off afterwards it can be corrosive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

sueacklam

Free Member
Oct 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
dethleff
When you say gas flow do you mean gas low. If internal you should have some red isolation switches, one with an ice crystal for the fridge, a stove for the heater etc. if you turn them all off then try one at a time at least if its one of them you will have some services. If using washing up liquid to test for leaks wash it off afterwards it can be corrosive.
Thanks for that it is a pipe that’s split the one from the bottle to the regulator it’s sorted now thanks

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
If your system has two bottles you should be able to isolate the one that has failed. The Gasliw regulator will not draw back to the shut off bottle if it is turned off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back