Gas fridge not getting down to temperature (1 Viewer)

Stevecoo

Free Member
Jun 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey
I have a 9 year old motorhome with a Dometic RMSL 8500 fridge. It works fine on mains electric but despite having had it serviced and a new burner nozzle fitted it is still not getting down to freezing in the freeze box. Any ideas please?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Put a couple of fans in the top vent to help circulate the hot air out.
As a temporary measure try taking off the bottom vent to let more air in when your parked up.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Try turning the temp dial back slightly. Ie warmer.
Hard to believe but it does work.
Failing that you need a small fan in the top vent to draw more air past the evaporator grid.
Most often used is the 3" or 4" fan from a computer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Stevecoo

Free Member
Jun 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Thank you Jimbohorlicks and Pappajohn I'll try your suggestions. Most times we are on electric which works fine. It's the odd occasion when we wild camp and need it on gas. We've wild camped a lot in France and Spain but not likely to be going abroad this year of course.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it's working on mains adding fans won't make it work on gas.
More likely when they serviced it they didn't clean the chimney, often awkward and labour intensive, easy enough to do yourself it will just take a while and a lot of cursing & swearing.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If it's never worked well on gas, assuming everything clean and serviced, it could have been fitted with the wrong size of gas jet. Unlikely, but not unknown.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
If it's working on mains adding fans won't make it work on gas.
More likely when they serviced it they didn't clean the chimney, often awkward and labour intensive, easy enough to do yourself it will just take a while and a lot of cursing & swearing.
I'm no good with the flue cleaning but I am expert in the cursing and swearing field. Weekends is double time but I do throw in some of yer actual French curses on such occasions ... :swear2:

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back