Free Member
May 8, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
Since 1997
Hi Folks - recently bought two of these (one for me and one or brother) and both have MHF Points of Interest.
1 - Am I right in assuming they are Motorhome Fun
2 - Where is the base data from? Camping and Cravanning Club, Caravan Club etc ???
3 - How do I update the info
Thanks in advance for any info

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi

No they are files originating from Motorhomefacts.

You will have to add the Camping club POI files.

You cannot update the MHF poi file as far as I know. If there any updates to the files Garmin will load the new data when doing updates for the Map which they are part of.

Doug

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I have the same sat-nav, I see these Motorhome fun stops on my travels and to be honest most of them are not there, or just seem to be a parking spot in a lay-by or similar...

I downloaded Campercontact to the nav, which is good but the logo for it shows up quite small for it.. but when your doing a search it’s good with all the nearby ones coming up...

I found it a good reliable sat-nav but as with all nav’s You do have to see where it wants to take you...

I never use tolls abroad and always have it set to non tolls and it’s been really good for that and it has taken me through beautiful places that I would never have seen if I followed a map...
Register it on garmin and get four free updates a year...(y)

OP
OP
Mister Benn

Mister Benn

Free Member
May 8, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
Since 1997
Thanks Smiffy - had garmins for many years now just updated to the camper version and immediately registered it.
I've always found Garmins ok and always pre check a route against a map putting in my own waypoints to make sure I go the way I want to and like you, avoid toll routes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back