Garmin 780 Camper announced (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
As a matter of interest would you mind saying how much you pay for your data usage and the cost of the phone/contract?
Thanks
I have unlimited data in the uk and 12gb when travelling.
It’s a company phone so I don’t pay the bill.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They've agreed to loan me one for a few weeks to test, so if you are not in a hurry (y)

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Google doesn’t have the facility to set vehicle dimensions though . Or does it ?
My pal at work says the android version has more features than the iOS version, I’m on iOS

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
We have been using the Via Michelin app recently, under options you can select a discovery route option. This will plot a scenic route through national parks and pretty little villages, there is no facility to put in your dimensions, so this will not be to everyone’s liking. Those with eyes and the ability to read road signs though might enjoy the easy route planning this app offers.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Regarding the new Garmin having 3D buildings this feature has been available on the Tomtom units for some time but they only appear in major Cities or Towns. There have been a number that have complained that when the buildings are displayed it can make junctions more difficult to see on the screen and they have been asking for Tomtom to do a software update that will enable you to turn 3D buildings off. They have just issued an Update for their Wifi range with a Buildings Off facility.

If they have removed the Trip planner facility from the Garmin then I would see this a a backward step unless they have the feature covered by a different facility within the unit.

I recently tried Google on Car Play again for a 200 mile journey by car. The routing was okay however it failed to announce a number of cameras, particularly on the M25, the instructions at junctions etc were occasionally late and limited and it does not display the Speed limits for the roads being used.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back