Garmin 770 Lmt-d Camper Sat Nav no ACSI Data (1 Viewer)

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
returning to motor homing.
Hi
Once again I am hoping to tap into the wealth of knowledge available here.
I have just changed from my Garmin 760 to the new 770 Camper edition.
Generally a very positive move. The screen resolution is much more vivid, the unit is much slimmer with a bigger visible screen and the traffic data receiver is built into the unit, not plugged in separately.
The downside for me is that the old 760 had ACSI and MHF data pre installed on the unit. The 770 does not. This is very useful when in Europe. There are icons for both that automatically appear on screen. When it is late in the day and you are looking for a site this is extremely useful. With the ACSI sites there were photos and loads of info available once you clicked on the icon. Extremely useful.
I realise that I can get all this on my phone, but having it integrated into the sat nav is extremely useful. Without it, I think I will return it as it should not be marketed as a 'Camper' specific sat nav, which is inferior in some ways to the old model.
I have rung their technical help line. I was given advice which I thought may sort it out. However this was just a downloadable application which enables individual POI's to be downloaded.
Basically has anyone else had this problem and found a way to get the ACSI and MHF data on the 770?

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Different version maybe?

image.png

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
My brother has the 770 and it has ACSi and NKc poi's try attaching it to your PC and see if it does an update through Garmin express

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
My brother has the 770 and it has ACSi and NKc poi's try attaching it to your PC and see if it does an update through Garmin express
The other benefit of the 770 which I forgot to mention is that it updates via WiFi for maps and software. However I have plugged in the Mac and used Garmin Express and it just tells me that everything is up to date. I have also checked to see if I could transfer data from the 760 but I can only transfer favourites.
I am now thinking that I may need to do something like a reset or restore if possible and see if they appear.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I had to buy a new sat nav whilst on this trip got a 770 LMT-D in Germany it has all the data already installed ACSI, Camper Contact and MHF.
You must have a different version or it's missing as literature states it comes complete.

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
I had to buy a new sat nav whilst on this trip got a 770 LMT-D in Germany it has all the data already installed ACSI, Camper Contact and MHF.
You must have a different version or it's missing as literature states it comes complete.
I think I've been Brexited!

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Hi,
I have a 770 camper sat hav and used it on the last trip used CC MHF etc on it ok, just tried it now and i cant find ant of them so now scratching head:(.
Bill

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
Hi,
I have a 770 camper sat hav and used it on the last trip used CC MHF etc on it ok, just tried it now and i cant find ant of them so now scratching head:(.
Bill
I feel your pain! I wonder for some unknown reason, the latest update has removed them?

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Hi, S D,
I updated when i first bought and they were all on, not used them last time out, tried update to day all ok it said, have emailed garmin so i will see what happens, bought it at halfords so they can have a go if no good they ars getting it back :).

Bill

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
Hi, S D,
I updated when i first bought and they were all on, not used them last time out, tried update to day all ok it said, have emailed garmin so i will see what happens, bought it at halfords so they can have a go if no good they ars getting it back :).

Bill
Hi Bill
I was going to email them yesterday, but it said can be up to three days before you get a response, so I tried phoning. It is a freephone number and didn't take long to get a response. Just a shame that the answer I got did not answer the question I had asked.
Like you, I will be taking back to Halfords if I can't get it sorted.
Ron

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
Further update. Just spent about an hour on the phone to technical support. Very helpful, but could not resolve issue. I had to email various screenshots and data files from the device to them and they will try and get it resolved by the software department. I think this could be described as a bug or a glitch that needs resolving. I am moderately capable on a computer, so I was able to get the info they needed, but it does seem an unsatisfactory way of resolving problems like this. I suppose the other way is to sit back and wait to see if the next software update resolves it.(Or get it back to Halfords!)
Will update if things progress.

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
I have bought the 770 and it has ACSI showing. A couple of things, I found the Wifi download too slow and failed. Garmin Express updated the maps.

Also, somewhere in settings, you need to check (x) and select which poi to show on screen, could be the cause??

I had a problem with safety camera downloads and the Freephone number was a complete waste of time. The chap I got must have been taking 6 calls at the same time!

BTW, it has saved me from a difficult circumstance and it has been worth the investment. In red letters, 'STOP road ahead 6'6'' wide!!

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
I have a Garmin Camper 660LMT-D and had the Acsi and MHF poi's on it. One day they suddenly disappeared and if I remember correctly when I contacted Garmin they said the data is within the maps and gave me instructions to do a complete map replacement and software.

Are you sure it is a Garmin Camper 770LMT-D and not been given a Garmin Dezi 770 LMT-D 7 inch Truck/Lorry Unit.

There is such a thing as a Master Reset which restores a unit back to factory settings but I don't think this affects the map.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
I have bought the 770 and it has ACSI showing. A couple of things, I found the Wifi download too slow and failed. Garmin Express updated the maps.

Also, somewhere in settings, you need to check (x) and select which poi to show on screen, could be the cause??

I had a problem with safety camera downloads and the Freephone number was a complete waste of time. The chap I got must have been taking 6 calls at the same time!

BTW, it has saved me from a difficult circumstance and it has been worth the investment. In red letters, 'STOP road ahead 6'6'' wide!!
I have a Garmin Camper 660LMT-D and had the Acsi and MHF poi's on it. One day they suddenly disappeared and if I remember correctly when I contacted Garmin they said the data is within the maps and gave me instructions to do a complete map replacement and software.

Are you sure it is a Garmin Camper 770LMT-D and not been given a Garmin Dezi 770 LMT-D 7 inch Truck/Lorry Unit.

There is such a thing as a Master Reset which restores a unit back to factory settings but I don't think this affects the map.

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
Thanks for thanks for suggestions. It is the Camper version. Asks me to put in motorhome dimensions and says 'Camper 770' on the box.
They talked me through what appeared to be a reset on the phone but changed nothing.

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
I had updated via Garmin Express but no change.
Regarding the POI's, I've been all through the menus and ACSI and MHF do not appear anywhere.
I'm glad to hear that entering the dimensions of your motorhome has already benefitted you. That was the weak point of the older 760 for me. I live in Devon, and despite me exaggerating the dimensions for my motorhome, it would always try and send me down narrow Devon lanes. I hope that the 770 has improved matters, which your experience suggests.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi

Just for the record this is a Master reset. Do't know if hats what you did.

Note: A master reset will erase all favorites and will restore your device to the default factory settings.

*Please note that a master reset will also delete vehicle profiles and IFTA logging data.

1. Start with the device turned off and unplugged from power
• On the dezl 570, 760, and 770: to verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device

1. Power on the device

2. When the first copyright screen appears press and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen

3. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when ‘Erase all user data?’ appears

4. Touch Yes

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
Hi

Just for the record this is a Master reset. Do't know if hats what you did.

Note: A master reset will erase all favorites and will restore your device to the default factory settings.

*Please note that a master reset will also delete vehicle profiles and IFTA logging data.

1. Start with the device turned off and unplugged from power
• On the dezl 570, 760, and 770: to verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device

1. Power on the device

2. When the first copyright screen appears press and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen

3. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when ‘Erase all user data?’ appears

4. Touch Yes
That is what I did. Sadly did nothing. Still waiting for an answer from Garmin.

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Hi,
I received an email yesterday from the email i sent to garmin, ive tried to follow their instructions as to fix the problem been at it for a few hours and given up, also the tech support guy i spoke to was going to send an email with instructions how to fix it also that never arrived so short of throwing it as far as i can now going back to halfords and they can stick it.
Bill

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
Hi,
I received an email yesterday from the email i sent to garmin, ive tried to follow their instructions as to fix the problem been at it for a few hours and given up, also the tech support guy i spoke to was going to send an email with instructions how to fix it also that never arrived so short of throwing it as far as i can now going back to halfords and they can stick it.
Bill
Hi Bill
Not very impressive is it. I'll give them another day and I think I will be taking the same course of action as you.
What were they suggesting you do in the email?
Ron

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
If its new and within 30 days, Halfords should replace it since they sold you something that is not working.

Have you contacted Halfords yet? Let us know what they say!

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Hi,
Have spoken to halfords they will have a look at it or exchange, would that be for the same problem i wonder, i did mention tech helpline and they said not much help really will update later.
Bill

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Hi Ron,
I have been to halfords they rang garmin and all they said that it is a software problem new sat nav arriving monday so hope its not the same will try in shop, if you bought at halfords may be best to return the sat nav to them they said they will get more joy from garmin than jo public would get and they did he was in the back office two minutes at most.
Bill

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
Hi Ron,
I have been to halfords they rang garmin and all they said that it is a software problem new sat nav arriving monday so hope its not the same will try in shop, if you bought at halfords may be best to return the sat nav to them they said they will get more joy from garmin than jo public would get and they did he was in the back office two minutes at most.
Bill
Hi Bill
Thank you for the update. I'll take mine back and see if they have another one and maybe try turning on in the store.
Regards
Ron

OP
OP
Steely Daniel

Steely Daniel

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 590
Exp
Hi Bill
Got my replacement today from Halfords. I have plugged it in to give it a bit of a charge, and i have looked for the ACSI and MHF info and it is on there thankfully.
I am a bit concerned about doing the updates in case it all disappears again.
Did you check your new one before updating it to see if the ACSI and MHF info was on it?
Kind Regards
Ron

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back