Garmin 770 Lmt-d Camper Sat Nav no ACSI Data (1 Viewer)

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
I have the 770 been over to france had no problems also updated and still has ACSI, NKS, aand MHF witch came in handy
Same here...we've been to France and Spain ...no problems at all..update regularly..briliant piece of kit:)

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
I have the Garmin 660 with all the latest software and maps. I have trouble with the unit repeatedly telling me the Charger Lead attached is not compatible for Traffic. I have been advised by Garmin how to cure this, including Master Resets, but it keeps happening. The lead works fine on another model.

I also have concerns about its routing as I have found a number of routing errors which I have not experienced on other makes. For a simple example in trip planner if you enter Meopham Green as the start and Longfield as the Finish. The error occurs at the junction between the A127 and the B260. It takes you through the shopping parking area before returning to the junction to take the B260. This is with the unit set for 7m long and 5 Tonne. By the way it seems to not like the A127 for Motorhomes. Goodness knows why.

Another example is asking the unit to take me to the campsite in Moffat travelling from the M6. It directs me into Church Place. I suggest you look on Google Earth to see how you fancy the challenge of the deadend.

Whilst generally it can get me safely from A to B its errors like these that do little to give confidence when I am in areas I don't know which is what we are usually using them for.

For those with the 770 have they cured these errors, which have been confirmed by others, and if so how is that possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
An interesting question. I would guess the mapping is identical, so it must be down to the routing software once the vehicle details have been inserted. I suspect the 770 has a more up-to-date/sophisticated routing software.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Bought the 770 in Germany this year works really well, got home three weeks ago so thought is I should update as soon as I connected to express it told me not enough storeage need to fit memory card which I had but only a 4 gb also noticed ACSI & MHF apps dissapeared will now get 32gb card and see if they reappear will keep you updated.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Bought the 770 in Germany this year works really well, got home three weeks ago so thought is I should update as soon as I connected to express it told me not enough storeage need to fit memory card which I had but only a 4 gb also noticed ACSI & MHF apps dissapeared will now get 32gb card and see if they reappear will keep you updated.

Be careful, I'm not sure it supports 32g. Your existing 4g should be tons.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have the Garmin 660 with all the latest software and maps. I have trouble with the unit repeatedly telling me the Charger Lead attached is not compatible for Traffic. I have been advised by Garmin how to cure this, including Master Resets, but it keeps happening. The lead works fine on another model.

I also have concerns about its routing as I have found a number of routing errors which I have not experienced on other makes. For a simple example in trip planner if you enter Meopham Green as the start and Longfield as the Finish. The error occurs at the junction between the A127 and the B260. It takes you through the shopping parking area before returning to the junction to take the B260. This is with the unit set for 7m long and 5 Tonne. By the way it seems to not like the A127 for Motorhomes. Goodness knows why.

I've two different Garmin models we use and the charger leads are not interchangeable.

As we've chatted on previously -

upload_2017-8-30_16-25-36.png

Crazy!!!:confused:
I'm still convinced it's trying to tell you you're out of wine at home so stop off and get some!;)
So, it's even brighter than we all think.(y)

Reactions: DJA
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I've two different Garmin models we use and the charger leads are not interchangeable.

As we've chatted on previously -

View attachment 182780

Crazy!!!:confused:
I'm still convinced it's trying to tell you you're out of wine at home so stop off and get some!;)
So, it's even brighter than we all think.(y)
Mine does exactly the same as yours. A routing error in the software I expect. To make matters worse, it's trying to turn into a no entry.

Last edited:

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi PhilandMina

Its not a No Entry as it takes you in at the other end 25 yds after the B260 Junction that it then brings you back to.

If you want another tester try getting it to take you to Morrisons in Fort William. It takes you via the Railway Station Car Park and the back of the store as used by the buses. You cannot get into the store car park without going right round the store. There is a shorter and better route.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi PhilandMina

Its not a No Entry as it takes you in at the other end 25 yds after the B260 Junction that it then brings you back to.
I was looking at it the wrong way round. It is a one way system, you have to enter immediately you turn left to join the A227. More like 2.5 feet than 25 Yds. Of course, this makes a joke of this routing selection.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Have finally got update to work via Express but ACSI & MHF are still missing awaiting a reply from Garmin.
Interestingly the update left 1 G bond the unit and never used the SD card so what's that all about?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi PhilandMina

If you want another tester try getting it to take you to Morrisons in Fort William. It takes you via the Railway Station Car Park and the back of the store as used by the buses. You cannot get into the store car park without going right round the store. There is a shorter and better route.

Like this -
upload_2017-9-1_13-52-51.png

It's because you're better going to Lidls the other side of the caravan \ motorhome parking area!:whistle::giggle:
upload_2017-9-1_13-53-37.png

Reactions: DJA

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Exactly Gellyneck.

On one you say my Garmin is suggesting I am low on wine and so takes me via a shopping parade and then you say the Routing would be better if I went to Lidl's.

I am surprised it doesn't keep taking me to Aldi as thats where I got it from.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Ours has had a proper workout.
From Rotterdam to Sarlat le Canada ( stopped at an little aire along the way, by a canal)
It even took me a little longer route to miss a low bridge out (had the wife's tom tom running side by side, which would have took us the low bridge route!!)
Then, down to Port Grimaud, beeping all the way, advising of speed limits, bad bends, being over speed limit and loads more.
Glad i bought it. Brilliant:)
Parked on the beach now at Camping les Mures, looking over the bay to St Tropez.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Like this -
View attachment 183012

It's because you're better going to Lidls the other side of the caravan \ motorhome parking area!:whistle::giggle:
View attachment 183014
Lol that's some route. I'm in Wales fishing for the next few days and when I return I will post you a Google map picture of the lay by we have been discussing. It shows a one way sign near the junction and a no entry sign at the other end. However you look at it, it's a joke. Have you sent your posts to Garmin I'm sure they would want to know about these glitches and give them an opportunity to explain why they happen and correct the errors.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
HI PhilandMena

On Gellynecks attachments the first one that takes you around the houses, sorry train station car park, but his route finishes at the entrance to Morrisons Car park but Morrisons is marked elsewhere on the map off Carmichael Way.

I have sent Garmin a number of cases of crazy routing in the area where I live. There have been a couple of changes but nothing with the others. Their mapping did not include major road changes at a Junction with the A2 that had been there for over 2 years. The Garmin seems to totally ignore the A127 unless you start on it. It also ignores the exit for the junction we take from the A2 when going Home instead it goes to the next junction and bring me back to the junction which is another 2+ miles. There is nothing wrong with the A2 exit junction near us as it is used by huge lorries to go to industrial units as well as a large Sainsburys. It used to ask me to turn into a layby drive through it and at the end turn Right across 2 lanes of the 4 lane road whereas now it says go to the roundabout 100 yards further on and go round it. Simples.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi everyone a bit of good news I have been in touch with Garmin and they advised me to update again using the latest edition of Express I did as requested and hey ho all my camping apps are back and also the whole process took around an hour, so all is not lost.
Give it a try (y)(y)(y)(y)

Scotlad

Free Member
Nov 2, 2016
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Me too did latest update via built in wifI and all has been returned and extra apps, been very pleased with the 770 Ltd didn't let me down while touring france for a month and with its built in foursquare and TripAdvisor was invaluable

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back