Fussen to Zeebrugge suggested stops (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hello Funsters

I'm planning my return journey and have been looking at viamichelin and other sites, comparing with camper contact for reviews on aire/stellplatz stops and I'm back & forth til I'm dizzy!
Can anyone recommend some stops between Fussen and Zeebrugge with under 3 hours driving per day in-between?

I was looking at Fussen - Meersburg - Titisee - Saarburg to Zeebrugge, but when I've calculated the miles and journey time, I'm top heavy on miles & drive time on the latter stages (3hrs 20mins & 4hrs+ on last two legs).

Any advice on nice places to stop with something to go look at/wander?

My route out is via Belgium/Lux/Swiss, so fancied Germany/Belgium for the return.
Thanks everyone!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you are into cars, bikes and associated stuff the Technical museum at Speyer is not far off your route and camping is right outside, town is nice as well. N+B factory at Polch has a free stellplatz and then there is the showroom and the Concorde/hymer dealer over the road.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
+1 would recommend the Technical museum at Speyer to anyone who is close, lots of exhibits you can get on or into
Heidelberg worth a visit with campsites up river
Both are taking you away from your planned route though

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Hello Funsters

I'm planning my return journey and have been looking at viamichelin and other sites, comparing with camper contact for reviews on aire/stellplatz stops and I'm back & forth til I'm dizzy!
Can anyone recommend some stops between Fussen and Zeebrugge with under 3 hours driving per day in-between?

I was looking at Fussen - Meersburg - Titisee - Saarburg to Zeebrugge, but when I've calculated the miles and journey time, I'm top heavy on miles & drive time on the latter stages (3hrs 20mins & 4hrs+ on last two legs).

Any advice on nice places to stop with something to go look at/wander?

My route out is via Belgium/Lux/Swiss, so fancied Germany/Belgium for the return.
Thanks everyone!
Sounds like the tour I’m planning to go on next week, but I’ve had an eye on some of the passes I want to go on in Switzerland and they’re still closed due to snow, so might have to rethink and go somewhere else!! Got the last night booked at delft (for the ferry) and prob lux, Rothenburg ODT and fussen (we’re doing the linderschloss, we’ve done the main two castles) hope you have a good trip where ever you end up!!(y)

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Thanks to everyone so far for your suggestions - I’m back to google maps and Campercontact checking my route and the places suggested.
Westy66 hope you have a safe and great trip - let me know how you get on.

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Sounds like the tour I’m planning to go on next week, but I’ve had an eye on some of the passes I want to go on in Switzerland and they’re still closed due to snow, so might have to rethink and go somewhere else!! Got the last night booked at delft (for the ferry) and prob lux, Rothenburg ODT and fussen (we’re doing the linderschloss, we’ve done the main two castles) hope you have a good trip where ever you end up!!(y)
Are you back WESTY66 ? what route did you end up taking? and any pointers for me?
Hope you had a good trip (y)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Are you back WESTY66 ? what route did you end up taking? and any pointers for me?
Hope you had a good trip (y)
Hi GAVLAD, yes back ok, didn’t get the passes I wanted in although to be fair, I prob did the right thing in missing them out, I wouldn’t have had any discs and pads left!!?
Landed at hook of Holland on fri @5.30pm and got to the aire at Grobbendonk, then onto the B500 Black Forest road and stayed on the aire at Mummelsee, then onto and over the Großglockner, unfortunately we couldn’t camp up there so stayed in the garden aire of Restaurant Schlosswirt at Döllach on the other side of the Groß, then onto Camping Jungfrau at Lauterbrunnen Switzerland. Weather turned crap so found some hot sunshine at Camping Arneitz in Faakersee, Austria and stayed their for 4 nights (excellent campsite on the shores of lake Faak). From there onto the aire at Landsberg am Lech, from there onto the aire at Dinkelsbuhl, then onto Rothenburg ob der Tauber (2 nights) from there onto the aire at Fuussekaul (don’t bother with this one unless it’s a stopover, nothing there really only a Moho dealer which is ok if u need bits and bobs) then onto Camping Delftse Hout ready for the ferry home. For the first outing in a Moho over the channel we had a great time!!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you are into cars, bikes and associated stuff the Technical museum at Speyer is not far off your route and camping is right outside, town is nice as well. N+B factory at Polch has a free stellplatz and then there is the showroom and the Concorde/hymer dealer over the road.

Martin
Speyer aire is about 26 euros a night. Just round the corner is an aire (no facilities) on the river and about 10 minutes walk to the museum. And FREE

For info

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back