Full Electrics but Dead Control Panel (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Gerard Saunders

Gerard Saunders

Free Member
May 22, 2016
Battle
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
11 years
Bill thanks. I know the guys at Caravantech but they're all busy this time of year. I might well give the other guy a call. Thanks.

Out of interest, where are you? I'm just on the Hastings side of Battle.

OP
OP
Gerard Saunders

Gerard Saunders

Free Member
May 22, 2016
Battle
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
11 years
Well folks, I've taken the cover off the Calira unit tonight and discovered a large relay held shut with a cable tie. Upon removal of the tie I find two pieces of blue plastic jamming the switch closed. Doubtless the cause of my permanently live equipment!

I will contact the dealer tomorrow early and invite them to make amends before I post their details here and elsewhere.

OP
OP
Gerard Saunders

Gerard Saunders

Free Member
May 22, 2016
Battle
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
11 years
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Gerard Saunders

Gerard Saunders

Free Member
May 22, 2016
Battle
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
11 years
Indeed, PDI clearly lacking. However, I must assume they were unaware of the bodge. Habitation check was done in March by another firm and I have copy of the schedule, including control panel.

Ho hum. Easy to get wound up by these things, especially with an imminent Italian trip and no habitation electrics. I must invite them to make swift amends before things get bloody.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Calira don't exist anymore so spares can be difficult.
My Mother in Laws Calira integral charger packed up. I fitted a stand alone unit as the most cost effective repair.
In your case, if the panel is goosed, fitting a CBE system as a replacement might be the way to go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gerard Saunders

Gerard Saunders

Free Member
May 22, 2016
Battle
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
11 years
Thank you. At this stage you are speaking a foreign language to me, but this is something I might have to investigate.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It should be possible to have the relay replaced
Or at least the wires diverted to a manual switch

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Can only be a relay failure and must be stuck closed circuit hence the off switch having no effect,
As Dave has clarified the main switch is standard equipment.
Do I get a prize ?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I would say it is normally operated by the overdoor on/off switch to enable everything else.
As you said turning that switch off made no difference

OP
OP
Gerard Saunders

Gerard Saunders

Free Member
May 22, 2016
Battle
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
11 years
I would say it is normally operated by the overdoor on/off switch to enable everything else.
As you said turning that switch off made no difference

And yet also the gauges were all inactive, which I felt must have been part of the same issue.

OP
OP
Gerard Saunders

Gerard Saunders

Free Member
May 22, 2016
Battle
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
11 years
Thanks for asking. They have offered to pay for any repairs. The trouble is both our local firms are busy until late August. I had a mobile auto electrician around and he put a manual switch in place of the dud relay. I still have no gauges but at least I have full 12 volt appliances and charging.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks for asking. They have offered to pay for any repairs. The trouble is both our local firms are busy until late August. I had a mobile auto electrician around and he put a manual switch in place of the dud relay. I still have no gauges but at least I have full 12 volt appliances and charging.
Glad to read about the temporary solution Gerard, until the proper repair can be scheduled in. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :(

OP
OP
Gerard Saunders

Gerard Saunders

Free Member
May 22, 2016
Battle
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
11 years
Thanks again. Meanwhile I shall continue to seek a Calira Verteilerbox VB60 !

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Unlikely, I think that is another fault.

Smart ass :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Give Leisure Electronic Repairs a try. Look on the website Then give David Brannon a call on 01745 854495. He repairs all types of electronic kit down to component lever ie replacing individual components within the unit. Last week I posted a Calira charger/controller to him on Tuesday. He diagnosed various faults, replaced 19 components and posted it back. I fitted it in the van on Friday morning and joined the monkey hangers meet by tea time.
This is a one man operation butI was thrilled with the rapid service. Worth a look at his website just to see the huge range of brands he services.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back