Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
An interesting article;

Broken Link Removed

I like the idea of solar power. It could work well for motorhomes, many of which spend a lot of time stationary.
The idea is that the solar power is used partly to directly power the vehicle but mainly to electrolyse water to hydrogen and oxygen which is then stored to be used as a fuel when needed. Particularly good for those who use their motorhomes mainly in the summer, or who spend thg winter in warmer and sunnier climes.

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
We already have the ability to use plant oils in Diesel Engines, why not explore the methods of production and availability further? Oh yes, the big Fuelo Companies wont let us!!:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Reallyretired
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We already have the ability to use plant oils in Diesel Engines, why not explore the methods of production and availability further? Oh yes, the big Fuelo Companies wont let us!!:rolleyes:

If you check the article I posted it shows that bio ethanol and bio diesel are not so green if it entails loss of rain forest and increased starvation in parts of the world. There is only so much used chip oil to go round.

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Absolutely right RR, I replied before reading the link!! DOH! However, there is possibilities to be explored and if used in a Diesel Style Compression/Ignition system the ethanol levels required for succesful combustion are much lower,although less power is generated, hence chip oil!! Growing specific crops for Bio Fuel is a difficult question, as it is my firm belief that if it were financially viable and fully supported, then it would happen much quicker, the Oil Companies will never roll over that easily!!

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Today's situation is all about money... It's sod the environment and such... all this green energy malarky is just there to pacify us - and its all designed to fail and keep us from using true renewables...

Only when we're "on the brink" - will money be less important... but by that time it will be those who have and the many that don't...

In the words of Private James Frazer... "we're doomed" :( (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back