Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Well done Jim need a supplier for RAW when we get out our rotty but that’s not for another two months.

Keep me/us updated please and as I said in my thread an article in the mag regarding dogs would help those with pets on camper holidays.

Regars.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
If you don't have the freezer space to travel with raw food, but still want a high meat, no grain food, you could have a look at www.naturaldogfoodcompany.co.uk

Never tried it, because we don't have a dog, but they are localish to me & I have had slight contact with the company & one of the founders. Not enough to give out recommendations, but enough to think they would be worth a look if the product meets a need.

Reactions: Jim

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That sounds reasonable. Working on that calculation, I'd give Pepper approximately 0.15 kgs but the site said 0.23 which is 50% greater.
It's not a straight percentage from the guides I've seen. At the smaller end of the scale dogs need a greater proportion of their body weight. I guess because they lose more heat per kg of body weight. Further up the scale a 40kg dog might only need 50% more food than a 20Kg dog. It isn't a straight line but all you can do is check your dog and if it is getting podgy cut back on the food. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
It's not a straight percentage from the guides I've seen. At the smaller end of the scale dogs need a greater proportion of their body weight. I guess because they lose more heat per kg of body weight. Further up the scale a 40kg dog might only need 50% more food than a 20Kg dog. It isn't a straight line but all you can do is check your dog and if it is getting podgy cut back on the food. :)
But according to their scale, it increases it by at least 50%

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Jim and everyone... re raw whilst travelling;

Have you ever considered Home Dehydration?

There seems to be a lot of diverse opinions about whether raw is safe when dehydrated but that seems to be in reference to human consumption.

Then some seem to recommend freezing after dehydration which seems to defeat the object - apart from space saving.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Our two have grain free dried, its practical when away. Often chicken etc when its what were having. They like rice but pasta makes them flatulent, me too. But then I also have a grain free (mainly) diet.
My previous GSD favourite was spag bol, but he didnt sleep on my bed so any flatulence was his problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Well - mixed reviews in the beginning from our 3 dogs and then a definitive NO at the second feeding.
It looks like they like the taste but stopped eating it because of the texture (it is like loose pate).
Keira refused to touch it second time round after only eating a third of her initial portion and just took mouthfuls and put them on the floor looking for something else I suspect. When I gave her our regular chicken, beef and veg homemade it was gone in a few seconds. Rufi spent 30 minutes doing all sorts to clean his tongue after only eating half at the second feed after eating it all first time round. Tom just refuses to go near his bowl.
Disappointed that to cancel the subscription the button to cancel just gives you a phone number to ring. So they are on permanent pause.
I’m sure the Jackdaws and Crows that visit our garden will enjoy it !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back