Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
At £60 you got a good deal.
I checked the invoice. It was actually £66 but that was almost two years ago. Good to hear you have found someone to do it. You will need to give them a “trigger” pressure. I had mine set at 10psi below the running pressure.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I took our motorhome into a Peugeot Professional garage today who had agreed they could make the adjustment.

I provided them with the axle weights and the recommended tyre pressures provided by Continental Tyres. I had preset the tyres to the recommended pressures and gave them a suggested trigger point
as recommended by ontheroadagain .

When I went to collect the vehicle they had reset the TPMS to its original setting of 80 psi and pumped up the tyres to that pressure from the correct ones I had supplied.

My comments are not repeatable on a public Forum!:madder:

I declined to pay their bill of £99.:frowny:

I am now trying to find another Peugeot “Professional” garage that can actually do it.

BTW
An appeal to Peugeot HQ for a list of local Peugeot workshops that can handle a Boxer Van has gone unanswered, even after a second request.

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Unbelievable!!!!!!
If they can't carry out a simple task like this, would you trust them to service your car/motorhome?
Don't give up - I am sure you will find someone to do it. My local Peugeot garage can't service our motorhome due to the location of their ramp, but they still managed to reset the TPMS to my figures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I took our motorhome into a Peugeot Professional garage today who had agreed they could make the adjustment.

I provided them with the axle weights and the recommended tyre pressures provided by Continental Tyres. I had preset the tyres to the recommended pressures and gave them a suggested trigger point
as recommended by ontheroadagain .

When I went to collect the vehicle they had reset the TPMS to its original setting of 80 psi and pumped up the tyres to that pressure from the correct ones I had supplied.

My comments are not repeatable on a public Forum!:madder:

I declined to pay their bill of £99.:frowny:

I am now trying to find another Peugeot “Professional” garage that can actually do it.

BTW
An appeal to Peugeot HQ for a list of local Peugeot workshops that can handle a Boxer Van has gone unanswered, even after a second request.
Unbelievable

P9hlh

Free Member
Jun 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
We've got an Elddis 120, bought it last September. Issues were a) incorrect catch fitted to cupboard (would spring open when on the move) b) loose handle on upper cabinet (screw came out) c) a broken string in the door concertina blind d) a discussion between the dealer and Elddis about a shower curtain. I said there should be one, dealer said no not this model, Elddis said yes it should have.... but it took a few months for said shower and rail to appear (now fitted) and finally e) a bit of an issue re the Whale heater over pressurizing (not an Elddis issue rather a Whale issue).

Good payload, nicely fitted out, quite happy with it. Have I changed anything? Yes. Smaller table fitted, a LCD cabinet light fitted inside the wardrobe and I fitted a thermal curtain liner between the cab and the habitation section to help preserve heat in the winter. Would I like anything else done? Some lights in the cab section as it can be gloomy in the evening and a hot air outlet in the same area would encourage the use of the swivel seats ( all in part why the thermal liner idea came to fruition).
We’ve just bought the Ellis Accordo 120, the shower rail was fitted but no shower curtain. After a few phone calls to the dealer we’ve now received the curtain but I think it is way too big, at least 6ft by 6ft. Do you know what size the shower curtain should be?

Jul 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New to motorhomes, had a camper van before this.
We’ve just bought the Ellis Accordo 120, the shower rail was fitted but no shower curtain. After a few phone calls to the dealer we’ve now received the curtain but I think it is way too big, at least 6ft by 6ft. Do you know what size the shower curtain should be?
In our Autoquest 115 the shower curtain was also not fitted and enormous. I replace the fitted curtain rail with a longer curved one that covers the door as well as the loo, to keep water from running down the door and out, as the door doesn't seal. The longer rail uses up the excess curtain nicely.

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 135
Exp
Since 2017
Got a 2017 Accordo 135 - just popped out and yes the shower curtain is near enough 6ft x 6ft - on a curtain track of just 29" - my guess is they use the same curtain on all models (so somewhere there's a really great shower?). Brilliant idea from Beryl, I'm definitely looking into that when we get back! (the door hasn't leaked yet but it'll makes it doubly safe) Only change I've made was to move the stored position to the other end - from covering the loo roll to shoving it behind the loo.
Do I regret buying the motorhome? No, not for a minute. It's had some teething problems fixed under warranty, but apparently all makes do - what I like is if something goes wrong mid holiday, most of it is simple enough that I can probably fix it - no electronic control panel, just plain switches, no apps to disconnect themselves, etc. And the light colours inside make it very Tardis-like, small outside, big etc...
And for me their designers are brilliant - there's nothing much I'd change, and after looking at the competition at various shows, I've still not seen anything I'd swop it for - it's just a shame Elddis (and others) don't do a better job training their workforce!

Jul 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New to motorhomes, had a camper van before this.
I've put a couple of plastic holders so the curtain is held to the left of the door, where there's a bit of wasted space beside the shelf that the sink sits on. Made them out of gutter clips, as I couldn't find anything pre-made that fit the bill. This leaves the (tiny) bathroom on the 115 uncluttered by curtainage.

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Hi ... apologies for the tardy response, we're out and about on a tour of the west coast of Scotland....currently at Machrihanish...... so contact has been problematic at times. Go with Beryl's info / suggestion, I think it's a top tip. Yes the curtain is huge. Gold star Beryl's, good comment from John too.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Ours friends bought the van last week. On driving home they had to turn round due to horrendous vibrations - so bad it was almost undriveable. (PDI fail ??)
Anyway, the dealer tweaked tyre pressures and 'did other stuff' so it's sorted now.

Obviously not been used in anger yet.

Thanks for all the replies. (y)
How are they getting on with it?

Aug 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
A pal in NI is looking at a new Elddis. I am not familiar with the goods/bads of that brand. Does anyone have knowledge that can help please? Have you bought one?

I got this quote off Google - is it still true?

Many thanks

"Are elddis motorhomes any good?
It's generally well known that Elddis has its own intrinsic build quality issues and that its SoLiD build system is fairly poor (wood and glue) but if you're content to accept these points then there's no denying that the Elddis price-point allows for alot more people to enjoy the freedom of motorhoming.14 Mar 2018"
Hi, probably a bit late now, but having 2 camper vans prior to being an Elddis 135 motor home (2017), which I bought new, I've had quite a lot of issues, the build quality I've found to be poor. But just recently the body work is coming apart so submitted a warranty claim, as led to believe it was covered on the 10 years body integrity and damp ingress, only to have it rejected as the level of damp was below there required level.
so be aware !

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Our Compass is part of the Elddis group.
It's a 56 plate Compass Avantgarde 120

Not sure what the Compass fit into the Elddis group is - esp. the build workshop side, but as our first owned motor home it is solid.

After a recent named storm, we had an internal leak by the Truma gas fire's chimney but that is where a previous owner put solar panel wires so I just had to clean up the old sealant and re-apply.
A delivery person asked "how we were getting on with the over cab leaks?".
But that area is sound; no leaks. From extra outside sealant and internal dark patches in the over cab area it may've been a weak spot cured by a previous owner.

Internal fixtures and woodwork look good still. The upholstery is a little sun bleached 🤷‍♂️

swampyrn

Free Member
Nov 8, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
We are now on a 194 having started the motorhome journey with a 135.
The 135 was six months old when we bought so yes maybe issues were sorted by the first owner but we only had one problem in the two years we owned it, a poorly routed cable shorted on the oven housing and blew a fuse.
On our Prestige 194 we’ve had from new the only issue was the grey waste tank has two outlets drilled out but only one pipe and tap fitted!
No Elddis don’t have the frills and gadgets of vans £20k more but are fantastic value for money in comparison.
Friends with a Bailey 79/4 purchased six months after ours have a “snagging” list stretched over two sides of A4 and still await the third return to the dealer for fixes!
Not

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back