Fridge Problems (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Still got problems with our old Electrolux 3 way fridge.Works on 12v/240v but plays up on gas.Stopped working on gas.Would light whilst holding ignitor in but would go out as soon as I released it.Could press button in for anything from 2 to 5 mins,So fitted a new thermocoupler and it appeared better!Still didn't light and stay on until after several attempts.But when it did light it could stay lit for anything from 10mins to 2 or 3 hours then ingnitor would start clicking.Press ignitor knob in and sometimes it will relight without problem but at other times it won't.Have took fridge out and cleaned jet and flue but still the same.Any ideas what I can do or anyone who can look at it in the Warwick area.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
still the thermocouple, it is not in the hottest part of the flame would be my first guess. low gas pressure my second. have seen both many times. low gas pressure is the first symptom the regulator is failing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
robrace
Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Think gas pressure is ok but will change regulator.Not sure which part of flame is hottest!Will also try bending end of thermocouple(I assume upwards)Thanks for suggestion.Can but try.New fridge mega expensive!!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Think gas pressure is ok but will change regulator.Not sure which part of flame is hottest!Will also try bending end of thermocouple(I assume upwards)Thanks for suggestion.Can but try.New fridge mega expensive!!
Bending the thermocouple itself will destroy it! The hottest part of the flame is above (clear of) the pale blue bit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back