Fridge fuels just to check what does what (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Am I right in thinking my 3 way fridge will cool on EHU and Gas and only maintain on Battery when driving?

I am loading up tomorrow to head back to the UK and it's been empty and off for 5 days.

Will putting it on gas overnight with my frozen ice block things from the villas freezer get it down to temp ready for food or does it need EHU for that?

O yea it's a new model one. Forget the make

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I be full time...
set to auto... they are all as good.... regardless of what other folk say/post
;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I be full time...
set to auto... they are all as good.... regardless of what other folk say/post
;)
If it's on auto it will select hook up, in the absence of hook up it will select gas and in the absence of gas it will select 12v.
12v will cane the battery without the engine running....If it runs without the engine.

Upvote 0

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
If it's on auto it will select hook up, in the absence of hook up it will select gas and in the absence of gas it will select 12v.
12v will cane the battery without the engine running....If it runs without the engine.
Not true... in absence of gas or hook-up... with out engine... it will "bleep" error"...
12v only when you start engine...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Most work pretty well on any power source, ours is best on gas but is pretty good on mains or 12v.
When running on 12v there is no thermostat so it runs continuously, so I suppose if you drove 24hours a day everything might freeze up but for normal use it's fine..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks guys

I have fired it up and put half a dozen ice blocks in along with some cold drinks and then a bit of food. should be fine.

There is no auto button on the fridge but I do remember it auto switching when I first got it although it does not seem to now? I better re read the user manual to see where I am going wrong.

Either way there will be some cold beers ready for tomorrow night in Santander now :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back