fridge freezer drain (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 22, 2009
banbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
put two cans of pepsi max in fridge to chill rapidly down but like a prat forgot one of them this morning the left over one had split and then leaked out and frozen so when i defrost after this trip is there a drain from thd freezer so i can eash out fridge is a thetford with seperate freezer compartment. cheers

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Can you see a drain ?
If it's there your sure to see it.
If not just put some kitchen towel to catch it, simples.......

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Depending on model there's a drain in the centre of the plastic 'gutter' just below the freezer. It exits via a tube into a container fixed in a hot area at the rear of the cabinet. The intention is that condensate that drains into the container will be evaporated. It works well unless meat juices or blood leak into it in which case a new lifeform develops that stinks until removed and euthanized.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I recently had a can of beer get a puncture in the fridge, anÂŁ leak. So I decided to do the same and clean out the drain container. I removed the lower external grill from van side, gently pulled container up off the compressor, and then was able to throw away the spilt beer and give it a good clean.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
IMG_1371.JPG
Depending on model there's a drain in the centre of the plastic 'gutter' just below the freezer. It exits via a tube into a container fixed in a hot area at the rear of the cabinet. The intention is that condensate that drains into the container will be evaporated. It works well unless meat juices or blood leak into it in which case a new lifeform develops that stinks until removed and euthanized.
I just washed ours yesterday because it looked dusty, no lifeforms in ours (y) I might polish the black pipe when I am doing the van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back