Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Hi All
Would like to remove the end of the hose that came off whilst filling with water from my fresh water tank:crying:
Not had a proper look yet as I’m away but would I find access under the van?

thanks

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Hi All
Would like to remove the end of the hose that came off whilst filling with water from my fresh water tank:crying:
Not had a proper look yet as I’m away but would I find access under the van?

thanks
You might get a bit wet if you try to access it from underneath. :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Not sure of your model but if G stands for garage your tank may be in there. It's where it is on our 700gj.

OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks All

I’ve found it under a drawer located at the end of the bed. Got my had in but can’t really access the whole tank so no joy.
Last van had a tank with a plug if you needed to drain and you could basically feel around the entire tank!🤔

OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks All

I’ve found it under a drawer located at the end of the bed. Got my had in but can’t really access the whole tank so no joy.
Last van had a tank with a plug if you needed to drain and you could basically feel around the entire tank!🤔
*hand!

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Unless they have changed the design of the G740 with the island bed, access to the fresh water tank is gained by removing the two drawers in the bed end nearest the washroom. With the drawers out, there may or may not be a lift out panel in the floor and the fresh water tank threaded cap will be visible. Bit of a hands and knees job but doable and it gets easier each time you do it.

Hope this is of some help.

OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Unless they have changed the design of the G740 with the island bed, access to the fresh water tank is gained by removing the two drawers in the bed end nearest the washroom. With the drawers out, there may or may not be a lift out panel in the floor and the fresh water tank threaded cap will be visible. Bit of a hands and knees job but doable and it gets easier each time you do it.

Hope this is of some help.
Thanks
I’ve managed to locate the tank and found the plug so now I know how to drain it down.
No sign of the hose fitting but it’s a difficult tank to feel around.
I think if I put the front up on levellers then it may float towards me. Failing that I’ll leave it bobbing about! 😂
It was a COVID handover when I collected the van and not had chance to go over everything but we’re getting there!
Thanks again😂

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Why not see if you can borrow one of the inspection type cameras and see if you can see the fitting? It may be in the filler tube and not the tank, don't ask me how I know!:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back