LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Thanks for that @NickNic I will hang on to it. Turns out I may have to go to France after all. May have to take two foster kids to a Family get together .

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
No idea. I'm not even sure if it does.
It does, based on my experience.
Van 1: 2 axles, 3.1 m high - detected correctly as Class 3
Van 2: 3 axles, 3.1 m high - detected correctly as Class 4
Van 3: 3 axles, 3 m high - detected incorrectly as Class 2

From which I conclude that if the system detects over 3 metres it goes on to apply the axle count, otherwise it settles on Class 2. It seems not to detect weight at all.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
The only stretch of péage we normally use is from Abbeville to Boulogne when travelling between home and the channel crossing point. The cost is, I think, 12€30. We recently did the trip with a twin-axle trailer and the cost is the same as without. The alternative route via the routes National is "littered" with roundabouts and small towns. With the trailer, especially, it makes for slow going. Using the péage there was a difference in the GPS predicted arrival time of about 90 minutes between the two routes.

I would suggest that there are occasions when it pays to use the autoroutes. However, our camping car is LHD and it is not a problem for me to lean out of the window to pay.

J

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We are under 3m towing a twin wheeled car trailer always class 2

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am pretty sure that it never weighs anything. Would be very expensive to install I suspect. We are 4.5T MGW (normally running at about 4.3T) and 2.9m high and have 2 axles and we have only ever been charged as Class 2

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
We have had a Sanef toll tag for a few years now and love it, wife is small and used to struggle to reach the ticket ! no problems with the tag, just drive up and through, great, pay buy d/d the following month.
Only ever use it too avoid the bigger cities as it saves time, fuel and frustrations, best "wee" bit of kit on the motorhome !! recommend it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I used a motorway tag when I was driving a white van around France. They are great during the holiday periods, you can use the 30 mph gate and drive straight through instead of joining the ques at the pay booths.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back