French Speed Limits to be Reduced in 2018 (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
French speed limits are already a nightmare, we are over 3.5t and you never know what the speed limit is.

Spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
think positive peeps, we are on holiday and it can only improve mpg :)(y)

the biggest negative I can see, it will mean there will be even more lorries passing us o_O

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So reduced from 90kmp to 80kmp, or approx down from 55mph to 50mph, not a massive difference and to be honest I can't see that being a major issue.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
The French government is about to confirm that on single carriadge way roads without a centre reservation the speed limit will be reduced from 90kmh to 80kph in 2018.

Info here.

Google translation.

I assume this means over 3500kg we will be limited to 70kmh.

"envisagerait" = they are thinking about it, recon it'll never happen be prepared for all major roads to be blocked very soon by truckers up in arms, as usual the government will crumble and concede. Worry not

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have bought a GPS speedometer to go on the dash as I do not want to do mathematical calculations every time I come to a sign. It will read in MPH and a simple change to KPH. it is accurate and big figures unlike my MPH only speedo in the dark depths of the dash.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
So reduced from 90kmp to 80kmp, or approx down from 55mph to 50mph, not a massive difference and to be honest I can't see that being a major issue.
IF it ever came into law, and I doubt that very very much the traffic jams would be horrendous, trucks running at 50mph on single track roads for mile after mile, oh such deep joy .... It'll NEVER happen the haulage/truck lobby over here is enormously powerful, that said ...... I aint about to say "I'll stand bare arsed in Woolworths window if it happens" ..... you just never know with these hot blooded types over here, not at all like we cooler, calmer chaps from the north you know

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
IT may be law next year it may not there are already pressure groups in France against it
AND
they are further considering reducing the blood alcohol level to 0.2% (or if you had ONE drink last night you're over the limit until tea time) and there are pressure groups AGAINST that too

Lets wait and see what ACTUALLY Happens

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
IF it ever came into law, and I doubt that very very much the traffic jams would be horrendous, trucks running at 50mph on single track roads for mile after mile, oh such deep joy .... It'll NEVER happen the haulage/truck lobby over here is enormously powerful, that said ...... I aint about to say "I'll stand bare arsed in Woolworths window if it happens" ..... you just never know with these hot blooded types over here, not at all like we cooler, calmer chaps from the north you know
If it comes in truck will probably be limited to 70 (43mph) they are currently limited to 80kph.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back