Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
Hi

All going well, I’m off to France / Spain for 3 weeks in August.

Covid restrictions + insurance policies aside, and not taking any pets, I believe this is what I need to sort out? Can you add anything more please…?

• Paperwork = driving licence / passport / insurance / MOT / V5
  • A Green Card from my insurer – I better request this now really
  • A warning triangle
  • High Visibility Vest for each occupant
  • GB sticker
  • dipped headlamps so they don’t dazzle oncoming traffic (I will definitely not be travelling at night)
  • EHIC card – covers me until it runs out
  • EE sim card for MiFi – they don’t charge roaming charges until Jan next year, so it will be OK for this trip

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Spare spectacles, if needed for driving, in Spain, although I’m not 100% certain if this only applies to residents. Vests must be accessible from inside before exiting in Spain for definite. Unless they have changed the rules you need 2 different International Driving Licences one for each country.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Are you sure you don’t need the IDL for EU. I got one pre brexit in case they left whilst we were away & at that time I needed it, unless they have changed the rules as I suggested. I’ve not read anything that says you don’t need them although I did read there was a suggestion they may be waived in Spain fir short breaks but no details as to what that actually meant or if it was to be implemented.

Just checked gov.co.uk. You are correct re France & Spain if under 6 months. I'm pleased you raised this as I didn’t know they had reached agreements 😊

Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
I got them last year too but new govt advice states that they are no longer needed in Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back