Ford or Fiat Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
It may be worth looking into who actually makes the engine. I have a Peugeot Boxer that I've converted. That has a 2.2L engine in it built by Ford.

The Peugeot Boxer, Citroen Relay and Fiat Ducato are all similar. I don't know if they all use a 2.2L by Ford or not?? 🤔

Last edited:

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Begs the question - Where do Bailey source the described Ford 2.0l 160 bhp's as fitted to the Adamo range?
I think it through their dealings with Peugeot. My opinion? They're fitted with PSA's DW10 engine and possibly built for the Indian or neighbouring Asian markets . Also if they're built on the heavier chassis which Simon alludes to rather than the usual 350L, why don't Bailey offer to up plate foc or as a cost option considering their payloads are so small per pax capacity?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 12, 2021
Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Malvern
Exp
Since 1999
I have had Fiat based motorhomes for the best part of twenty years. Never had an issue or breakdown with the base vehicle. No experience of Ford.
However, last year, Comfort sent me a letter informing me I had to have a tracker fitted due to the incidence of break-ins on Ford Based vehicles.
I contacted them, seeing as I had a Fiat, and they apologised saying it had been sent to me in error.
I’m sure the Ford based vehicle is equally good and reliable and security issues will have been addressed.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
B
I think it through their dealings with Peugeot. My opinion? They're fitted with PSA's DW10 engine and possibly built for the Indian or neighbouring Asian markets . Also if they're built on the heavier chassis which Simon alludes to rather than the usual 350L, why don't Bailey offer to up plate foc or as a cost option considering their payloads are so small per pax capacity?
Good question however they will keep it under 3500 as the people that automatically have C1 on their license are to be honest are fading out. Lots of manufacturers now are making vans under 3500 for the next generation

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
What put me off Fords was my 2008 Ford transit Limited work van. Was a great van, well equipped, but started going rusty at 3 years old, mainly above the windscreen and sliding door sill. But that's just what I could see.

And Ford's saying at the time was "Engineered to last" 🤣 yeah alright then.

Perhaps the new shape one is better.

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
I’ve a 2019 model automatic 170hp Ford Ecoblue based MoHo.

I’m REALLY happy with it. Excellent comfort, performance and looks.

Re security - I had high security door locks fitted from new along with Cat 2/1 upgrade to the standard alarm along with Tracker and a variety of other general MoHo security enhancements.

I suppose it comes down to what year of model you are looking for - the newer ones typically having much better security / performance.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
If it starts and goes, does it really matter,,lol,there are always dread stories about every make...

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Cannot fit a towbar though - I am told?
We have found a tow bar company that can make them fit. It’s because it’s the skeletal chassis not the Alko. It’s caused a few headaches.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Cannot fit a towbar though - I am told?
You can fit a towbar to them but the only one (I think?) who offer them factory fit is Auto Trail who offer a detachable swan neck for ÂŁ650 weighing 30kg as a cost option on their F line models although the max train weight is 4250kg so you'd be limited to a 750kg trailer. It's the same for all of the Ford variants sold on the 350L chassis.

The only Ford chassis cab available above the 3500 is the 4700 but I can't remember if they're only in RWD.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back