flightradar24 (4 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Silly me. I forgot about the flypast. I suppose its logical to gather over the North Sea for a top up and head south from there.
It cant have been cheap to re fuel that lot at today fuel prices.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
That wouldn’t be the Sex Pistols’ version, would it…..? ;)

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
To those Who Know, what are CASA20, NATO11, and HOBO11 doing just now, and where has FORTE11 gone? Questions, questions.
1654271715650.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
To those Who Know, what are CASA20, NATO11, and HOBO11 doing just now, and where has FORTE11 gone? Questions, questions.
View attachment 625490
I've noticed the US stratotankers have been a lot more visible the last week or so.

Still making a show of strength in Eastern Europe. They will be working with NATO jets getting everyone familiar with the refueling procedures etc.

Still a lot of intel gathering planes in that part of the world too. That Sentry you have pictured for one and I saw a US Navy Poseidon flying over that way from the Italy area the other day.

I still personally think the threat of Putin entering Moldova is very real so everyone will keeping a close eyes on troop build ups etc.

I don't like the cut of Lukashenkos jib either so worthwhile watching what's going on in Belarus too.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
How do you get multiple aircraft information panels up on the same screen?
I don’t think you do, as when aircraft are flying in formation, general only 1or 2 of the aircraft will have their transponders switched on as the formation will be treated as one big aircraft. The same aircraft who has the transponder set will be the main comms. aircraft for the formation and he/she will be given the squawk codes as they fly along their route, thus only one or 2 aircraft will show up on Flightradar or ADS-B exchange.

Just realised wrong answer to wrong question 🥴🥴🥴🥴

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I don’t think you do, as when aircraft are flying in formation, general only 1or 2 of the aircraft will have their transponders switched on as the formation will be treated as one big aircraft. The same aircraft who has the transponder set will be the main comms. aircraft for the formation and he/she will be given the squawk codes as they fly along their route, thus only one or 2 aircraft will show up on Flightradar or ADS-B exchange.

Just realised wrong answer to wrong question 🥴🥴🥴🥴
Interesting answer though, I enjoyed reading it

brocola

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2020
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Since 2020
How do you get multiple aircraft information panels up on the same screen?
There’s a multi-select button on the web version of FR24. Haven’t found a way to do it in the iOS app yet

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Was there a lot of aircraft/ helicopters etc on security duties for her madges jubilee weekend over London?

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I noticed a lot of survey work, at least I presume that is what they are doing, going on over the weekend up my way. They are back at it today out over the North Sea. Anyone any idea on what exactly they are doing?

1654529110963.png

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Last time I seen one of these flying was at an airshow at Prestwick airport back in the 80's, wonderful aircraft (y) This was only last month

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Wonder where they were headed?!🤔🤔🤔

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Wonder where they were headed?!🤔🤔🤔
They're heading back to the USA via Iceland, apparently 2 tankers with 5 aircraft to each. The USAF have used Prestwick airport for years to refuel. Elvis even passed through on his way to Germany, the only time he set foot on British soil. (y)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I don't like the cut of Lukashenkos jib either so worthwhile watching what's going on in Belarus too.
He is a piece of sh1t, but if he ordered troops to get involved in Ukraine, I think he'd face a revolt.
Detested by his citizens and only stayed in power by rigging his "election" and needed help from putin to brutally supress the protests.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
They're heading back to the USA via Iceland, apparently 2 tankers with 5 aircraft to each. The USAF have used Prestwick airport for years to refuel. Elvis even passed through on his way to Germany, the only time he set foot on British soil. (y)
So what are these 10 relative relics doing over here?

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
"Training" I expect

Aka don't even think of it...

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
The USAF have used Prestwick airport for years to refuel. Elvis even passed through on his way to Germany, the only time he set foot on British soil.
Don't think the Yanks use it now.... Prestwick Airport is a shadow of its former self..
IMV the only reason it still there is the fact that when most other airports in the UK are forced to closed because of the weather, fog/snow/mist etc Prestwick remains unaffected to the weather.
It does, on accassion get flights from as far away as London landing.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
He is a piece of sh1t, but if he ordered troops to get involved in Ukraine, I think he'd face a revolt.
Detested by his citizens and only stayed in power by rigging his "election" and needed help from putin to brutally supress the protests.
Another who needs killing.

I see the chinese made the decision at the weekend to refuse landing & flight permission to overfly chinese territory to planes that cannot be confirmed as legally russian. I.E . all those leased & seized & now supposedly 'russian' registered. Done mainly to ensure the chinese cannot have sanctions placed upon them by the west.

https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/16397-china-bans-stolen-russian-planes-from-entering-its-airspace

https://www.thedrive.com/news/china-bans-most-russian-planes-from-airspace-because-theyre-stolen

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Don't think the Yanks use it now.... Prestwick Airport is a shadow of its former self..
IMV the only reason it still there is the fact that when most other airports in the UK are forced to closed because of the weather, fog/snow/mist etc Prestwick remains unaffected to the weather.
It does, on accassion get flights from as far away as London landing.
over 30 years ago, I spent many happy days plane-spotting watching the trans-Atlantic wide-bodied jets which Glasgow airport couldn't handle at the time. My favourite aircraft at the time was the daily Air Canada stretched DC8-62 from Toronto. smokey and very loud. They don't make planes like they used to :whistle2:
My first ever flight was from Prestwick to Toronto on a Worldways Canada Boeing 707 (y)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
My first ever flight was from Prestwick to Toronto on a Worldways Canada Boeing 707 (y)
I’m feeling old! Car transporter from Southend to Calais and back in 1959 via Riccione, then BEA Vanguard to Majorca in 1963 and back on a Viscount.
Chipmunks in the ATC from Filton in the late 60’s and then a ride in a Jet Provost from Little Rissington in 1970.

Then the usual holiday stuff thereafter.

Loved flying, Dad joined the RAF in 1941 straight from school, having lived close to RAF Hornchurch. Left after flying Meteors in Tiger Squadron so I was brought up to it but too heavy to pass RAF MEDICAL.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
I’m feeling old! Car transporter from Southend to Calais and back in 1959 via Riccione, then BEA Vanguard to Majorca in 1963 and back on a Viscount.
Chipmunks in the ATC from Filton in the late 60’s and then a ride in a Jet Provost from Little Rissington in 1970.

Then the usual holiday stuff thereafter.

Loved flying, Dad joined the RAF in 1941 straight from school, having lived close to RAF Hornchurch. Left after flying Meteors in Tiger Squadron so I was brought up to it but too heavy to pass RAF MEDICAL.
I've got to admit to being envious of you being on these classic aircraft. I had models of the Vanguard and Viscount as I lived under the flightpath minutes from Glasgow airport and watched them in awe as they flew over our house. The only prop plane I was ever on was HS 748 to Jersey :doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back