Flasher Unit (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
does anyone know if its possible to buy a replacement flasher unit with the trailer warning buzzer built in.

i dont want to start drilling holes in the floor to bring wires in from the rear lights to an internal buzzer.

maybe Geo cant answer this one for me.

cheers.

john.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Somewhere in the distant past I recall seeing special 'bulbs' that sounded an alarm when you selected reverse gear and they replaced the reversing light bulb.

Where you get them from havent a clue but I am sure they are about.

Regards

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
does anyone know if its possible to buy a replacement flasher unit with the trailer warning buzzer built in.

i don't want to start drilling holes in the floor to bring wires in from the rear lights to an internal buzzer.

maybe Geo cant answer this one for me.

cheers.

john.
Maybe he can
You could at one time John,but whether they are available for modern vehicle electrics I don't know, they worked on a sensitivity system and only sent a feed to dash warning light or buzzer when it sensed three indicator bulbs flashing something over 45watt would trigger it, but with todays can-bus systems you have to be careful what loads you introduce to any electrical system,
You don't have to pick up feed from the rear light unit itself, just wire in a smart box under the dash near the feed to the rear indicators, I will post a link to a smart box shortly-----Here then type in buzzer in search box
This unit can be wired under the dash near fuse box to the rear indicator feeds
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thanks very much Geo,
thats just the thing. they have these in halfords at £12 :Eeek: but i'll order one from towsure :thumb: as it can be retro fitted when it arrives.
i dont think it will be the can-bus type on a 2001 ducato.
i had it in my head that a load sensing replacement flasher/buzzer unit would be easier to fit straight into the original carrier but this will do the bizz.
probably need a heavy duty flasher unit as well as it's running the van lights and front, rear and side repeater on the toad the way i wired it. thats 6 in total + dash bulbs. !!!!!!!!

john.

edit..... sorry Geo, just realised my typo in my oroiginal post.:Doh::Doh:

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi again
Standard relay on the Ducato will be Ok,no need to uprate as it is designed to operate 6 lamps when hazards are used for long periods, so for short period of normal indicator use it will be fine:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi
i ordered the buzzer from towsure but the postage was twice the price (£4.95) of the buzzer :cry:.....so........

i also ordered a new sat box to make postage more acceptable.

so thanks to Geo they made a sale they wouldnt normally have had.:whatthe:

they might give you a referal discount Geo.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back