LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
We've just bought a 2018bFlash 640, currently at Vanbitz for alarm fitting. We had the dealer fit an awning and have clips to store the winding handle in the rear garage. However, the provided screws are standard wood screws, about 15mm thread to go into the wall panel. How do you tell the panel thickness? The outside wall feels about 20mm thick, but can't get both sides of the internal panel!

What are the best fixing methods for attaching things to the wall? The external panels are expanded fosm sandwich, any special fixings for these?

Thanks in advance

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If you want to fit winding handle clips to the inside of an external panel you can do so with screws but eventually they'll loosen. Anything subject to being 'worked' will do the same. The inner skin is 3 - 5mm plywood on most vans so no screw will have a decent hold. There are various methods you can use to improve things: some favour cavity fixings but they require a large hole and are a bit clunky (IMO); I use a strip or disc of aluminium or wood held to the wall with d/s tape then a self-tapper through the strip and the wall skin.

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
I think you will add to your winding handle, what I did was to get two pieces of planed timber the full length of my garage then used some heavy duty double sided tape stuck the timber to wall. You can then add more clips when needed by screwing to the timber, I ended up with around eight holding various poles even my fishing rod

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RetiredPope

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
Thanks, can pick up the tape from Toolstation when getting the wood from Wickes. Will also use it to fix shelves in the garage (y)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.