Five nights only (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
So it seems that campsites in and around Keswick have made a pact you can only stay for five nights. Well on the weekends we would like to stay. Not very fair on those of us that are still working imo.
Do you mean max 5 nights or only 5 nights ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Has to be 5 nights minimum. Tried ccc Keswick and new ones at Braithwaite. Castlerigg hall told us all sites doing it. We have to go in school hols so maybe thats a factor, still seems unfair to me.
I suppose it does stop people booking for a couple of nights and thus denying someone else being able to book for longer.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I suppose it does stop people booking for a couple of nights and thus denying someone else being able to book for longer.
You should be able to book one night if you so wish it has nothing to do with stopping someone booking for longer.
Best thing to do with sites like this......... Nobody goes and they will soon change there minds.

They are jumping on the fact it will probably be a staycation for most and they'll probably be on to the local council as well to ban wild camping when you can't get the single night or two you need.

Pure greed

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
It's been like the for years at the lakes 5 nights min peak time any other 3.

You might get less when booking nearer the time a week or so before as they release the empty spaces then.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
We love Keswick site we had to book 5 nights on the bank holidays and only stop 4 nights when i was working, they know that plonkers like me will do it.🥴

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
No restrictions on caravan and motorhome club sites in the area. Surprisingly, availablity is good too.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
You should be able to book one night if you so wish it has nothing to do with stopping someone booking for longer.
Best thing to do with sites like this......... Nobody goes and they will soon change there minds.

They are jumping on the fact it will probably be a staycation for most and they'll probably be on to the local council as well to ban wild camping when you can't get the single night or two you need.

Pure greed
They do this every year in high season.

They know, even if it pours with rain for several days back to back and all the tent campers leave, there will still be a queue of people at their gate for the vacant pitches

For the millions living in the cities of the north west, the Lakes are the nearest decent bit of countryside.

The millions that fly to Spain each year from Manchester airport, won't be going this summer, so the owner of every campsite in the Lakes is looking forward to a bumper year. The short camping summer seasonal crop sure beats sheep farming on the fells in winter.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
They do this every year in high season.

They know, even if it pours with rain for several days back to back and all the tent campers leave, there will still be a queue of people at their gate for the vacant pitches

For the millions living in the cities of the north west, the Lakes are the nearest decent bit of countryside.

The millions that fly to Spain each year from Manchester airport, won't be going this summer, so the owner of every campsite in the Lakes is looking forward to a bumper year. The short camping summer seasonal crop sure beats sheep farming on the fells in winter.
Amazing number of northern stereotypes in a single post, is it a record

Pours with rain....
Only decent countryside.....
All of them sheep farmers in the winter.....

Priceless 😂

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3

Pours with rain....

Priceless 😂
Absolutely amazing coming from a southerner.
Only decent bit of countryside? I would guess most down there don’t know what countryside is.
Can’t have lakes without rain. They’re not artificial like in the parks down there.
The sheep are what they buy wrapped in plastic in the supermarket but by the time they see it it’s called lamb. Probably don’t realise it comes from an animal.
How am I doing on southern stereotyping?😂😂😂.

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Absolutely amazing coming from a southerner.
Only decent bit of countryside? I would guess most down there don’t know what countryside is.
Can’t have lakes without rain. They’re not artificial like in the parks down there.
The sheep are what they buy wrapped in plastic in the supermarket but by the time they see it it’s called lamb. Probably don’t realise it comes from an animal.
How am I doing on southern stereotyping?😂😂😂.
You're spot on so far 👏 (and I'm an Essex girl). I'm a townie, I was shocked when I realised that there are villages in Essex that don't have proper pavements! Or 24hr petrol stations and corner shops! How do folk manage :unsure:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Pure greed
That won't work though as there will always be a queue of folks to take your place.
Although not my thing , this is where britstops will benefit, or even booking your own pub stop.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
My problem has been trying to book at least 3 consecutive nights on some popular CMC sites even midweek.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Here is the minimum stay list for CCC. 5 Nights are for High season pitches at Bowness on Windermere, Derwent Water, Keswick, Braithwaite Village.

Thought we might stay at the new Braithwaite Village but do not want 5 nights so other options then.

Attachments

• 22151-Club-Sites-Minimum-Stay-Table-2021.pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 33
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp

Pours with rain....

Priceless 😂
But Correct.

The place with the highest rainfall in the UK . The Lakes
National Parks close to the Cities of the North West. - The Lakes and the Peak District
Main agricultural product of the Lakes. Sheep

No mention of Black Pudding, flat caps or Whippets

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We love Keswick site we had to book 5 nights on the bank holidays and only stop 4 nights when i was working, they know that plonkers like me will do it.🥴
But what can you do - when we was working full time and desperately to be at a certain place eg family was already booked there, we paid for more nights than we could stay. Hotel etc do it too during popular times (great now we are part time/retired - saves a fortune)

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
You're spot on so far 👏 (and I'm an Essex girl). I'm a townie, I was shocked when I realised that there are villages in Essex that don't have proper pavements! Or 24hr petrol stations and corner shops! How do folk manage :unsure:
Must admit I miss takeout deliveries now we have moved, oh and just nipping out by foot for a drink or to pick up wine and chocolate from a local shop. It’s worth it tho :giggle: :giggle:

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Has to be 5 nights minimum. Tried ccc Keswick and new ones at Braithwaite. Castlerigg hall told us all sites doing it. We have to go in school hols so maybe thats a factor, still seems unfair to me.
I would think it would be worth contacting the relevant clubs sites department and check if they can actually legally enforce this as it just might be in contravention of the clubs licensing conditions or is it something the wardens are putting into place on their own as some of them are a law unto themselves.

Last edited:

possar

Free Member
Feb 8, 2016
gateshead
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
30 year
5 nights might stop people booking weekends only and give people who want to stay longer a chance because sites i like to go to you can only book on mid week ie, york (rowntree )

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
But Correct.

The place with the highest rainfall in the UK . The Lakes
National Parks close to the Cities of the North West. - The Lakes and the Peak District
Main agricultural product of the Lakes. Sheep

No mention of Black Pudding, flat caps or Whippets
That’s because Black pudding is from Lancashire not Cumbria.
Flat caps and whippets are traditionally from Yorkshire not Cumbria.
Another southerner with no idea outside of the city.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
That’s because Black pudding is from Lancashire not Cumbria.
Flat caps and whippets are traditionally from Yorkshire not Cumbria.
Another southerner with no idea outside of the city.
:LOL:
The issue was 'northern stereotypes' not Cumbrian stereotypes.

What would I know, on my maps anything north of the Severn/Wash line and south of Hadrians Wall is marked 'Here be Dragons' and I presume I need a passport and Phrase book to transit the area

1613566468755.png

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It is open, you just can't use it.:laughing:
There's never a problem booking one night in the UK if you want the week before last.
Why would you want to stay on a campsite in UK, might as well stay at home, park which way you like , when you like and save yourself thirty quid a night in the bargain.

May 15, 2020
Ingleton, Carnforth, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F
Exp
Since 2020
It seems that you haven't visited the north west?
The towns and cities are entirely surrounded by beautiful countyside, most of which is in walking distance :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back