Fitting a Shurflo to our hymer maybe?? (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
Hi all.
Having just changed our water pump in our hymer the pressure in the shower still remains pretty rubbish, i know its never going to be a power shower but it struggles getting you wet. I also changed the shower head to see if that helps but no! The pressure in the kitchen sink and bathroom sink is all pretty good. Now ive been looking into the Shurflo pumps as we had one on our previous moho and it was great. Because our pump in the hymer is in the tank would it be a big job to change this and install a shurflo pump.
Many thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I fitted one to my Hymer a few months ago, I hot fed up with the microswitch wiring failing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The main difficulty is finding somewhere to locate the new pump, and running a 12V supply to it. The submersible pump can be replaced by a length of pipe. The tap microswitches are then unnecessary and can be bypassed and ignored. A switch to isolate the pump is needed, for example if the fresh water tank is empty.

I'm thinking of changing pumps myself, after going through about one Reich pump per year. I've given them one last chance, and fitted a voltage stabiliser on the pump supply, in case the high voltage during battery charging was causing a problem. But I'm not very optimistic that it will solve the problem.

We usually stay on camp sites with EHU, and use the toilet block facilities most of the time. But on the last trip we never used the toilet blocks once, due to Covid, using on-board facilities all the time. So the water pump is much more important now, and gets a lot of use.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Hi all.
Having just changed our water pump in our hymer the pressure in the shower still remains pretty rubbish, i know its never going to be a power shower but it struggles getting you wet. I also changed the shower head to see if that helps but no! The pressure in the kitchen sink and bathroom sink is all pretty good. Now ive been looking into the Shurflo pumps as we had one on our previous moho and it was great. Because our pump in the hymer is in the tank would it be a big job to change this and install a shurflo pump.
Many thanks
It may be worth checking the supply hoses to the shower, we had a similar problem in our Bessacar, taps fine but shower rubbish. Twice it went back under warranty the dealer never solved the problem. I eventually stripped out the shower panels and found 2 unnecessary 90° bends in both the hot and cold supply, they were removed the supply hoses shortened and straight couplings fitted, the improvement was the difference between a working shower and a dribler.
Cheers
Ed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back