TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
It's a possibility I suppose, also got an email today from 'Jacks Flights' telling of cheap flights to Morocco for £40/60 with budget airlines. Tempting but we'd set our ideas on using the van. Worth exploring though, thanks.

Oh please, please don't do Morocco on a flying package tour, it's impossible to get the real flavour of the country that way. It's easy in a motorhome.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Oh please, please don't do Morocco on a flying package tour, it's impossible to get the real flavour of the country that way. It's easy in a motorhome.

Fly in, hire a car, drive around. Would that not get them more flavour in that they will be staying in Moroccan accommodation ?

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Fly in, hire a car, drive around. Would that not get them more flavour in that they will be staying in Moroccan accommodation ?
Morocco does sound appealing but it's not for next year unfortunately - neither by van or plane. One day hopefully when we have more time.
:)

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
About £1100. But no camping charges. And guaranteed 20c every day of winter.
Actually that's not as bad as I thought - we were quoted £850 for a single crossing Santander to Portsmouth last minute in late June (we decided to return via France!).

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Actually that's not as bad as I thought - we were quoted £850 for a single crossing Santander to Portsmouth last minute in late June (we decided to return via France!).
We've done it a few times. Not too bad. And all free meals on the ferry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Here in lovely South Devon
Funster No
Brill, may even see you there - have you booked Villasol? if so who with?
We booked direct with the site by phone as their web site was 'playing up' and was showing no availability.
Very helpful communication and excellent English. We received a confirmation email within a few minutes.
Just need to sort our route out. I do remember reading a very helpful route guide on here from another member, I just need to find it!

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Here in lovely South Devon
Funster No
OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
We booked direct with the site by phone as their web site was 'playing up' and was showing no availability.
Very helpful communication and excellent English. We received a confirmation email within a few minutes.
Just need to sort our route out. I do remember reading a very helpful route guide on here from another member, I just need to find it!
Great thanks (y)

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Can I ask if anyone knows whether you can pre-book a campsite with an ACSI card or is the deal that you take your chance on availability when you turn up at the site please? (I've noticed Camping Villasol is an ACSI site and discounted Jan to March - well for 2018 anyway).

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes I believe you can with ACSI although I've never done it. But if you're intending to stay a month or more at Villasol I'd check out their discounted rates first - often they're better than ACSI (although watch the electricity add-ons).

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Some sites now allow pre-booking via ACSI. Camping Villasol doesn't appear to be one of them.

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Yea, that's a good idea, thanks
Had a strange communication with Villasol Camping (n) which I thought worth sharing.
Phoned and later emailed them yesterday and had the same response each time which was "the cost of a pitch for January 2019 is not available/published until October 2018".
However, if you go their website rates are stated, there is availability and it seems possible to book (@ €25/night inc EHU). So, dilemma! Do you book now using the on-line rates or wait until October to see if they drop......but take a chance that they may be (probably will be) full! (n)(n)
Arghhh!!

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
@johnandi

I booked a couple of weeks there over New Year. 29 euro per night until the 2nd January then 23 euro per night after that so your 25 seems about right.

Unless you are staying longer than a month of course in which case it should be cheaper.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
We are traveling down through France 28th December to La Bella Vista (16nights from 4th) then Alicante imperium (9nights) then Plays Tropicana (17 nights) each time allowing a few days to get from one to next. We have ASCI card so will either wild camp or cheap transit sites between. We have booked a BF ferry thru Caen each way 27th December and 8th march so lots of flex. Used the C&CC for the booking just about for change out of £1500. But hey ho you can't take it with you and the kids are sorted.

If it's your first time i 'd recommend using CCC to do the heavy lifting and only freelance a few nights in-between like we do. Even when we have been doing it for 12 years. Its less stressful.

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
We are traveling down through France 28th December to La Bella Vista (16nights from 4th) then Alicante imperium (9nights) then Plays Tropicana (17 nights) each time allowing a few days to get from one to next. We have ASCI card so will either wild camp or cheap transit sites between. We have booked a BF ferry thru Caen each way 27th December and 8th march so lots of flex. Used the C&CC for the booking just about for change out of £1500. But hey ho you can't take it with you and the kids are sorted.

If it's your first time i 'd recommend using CCC to do the heavy lifting and only freelance a few nights in-between like we do. Even when we have been doing it for 12 years. Its less stressful.
Thanks, we’ve actually done something similar and booked BF to Bilboa as we only (only?!?) have 5 weeks in total so decided to get to Spain asap. We booked ferry thru C&CC and Villasol thru C&MC (as they were the only ones with pitches left and cheaper than direct with Villasol).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back