First time overnight in the new to us PVC (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Having bought the Swift Autocruise 164 a couple of weeks ago we finally managed a night away, we stayed at Incleboro Fields campsite near Cromer, only four spare pitches on site all sloping and we haven't yet got levelling ramps so that wasn't ideal, lounging was ok as I could stretch out across the driver and passenger seat and watch the telly but while she could stretch out on the two passenger seats she couldn't see the telly, so she retired to the bed.
the much smaller space than the RV certainly takes a bit of getting used to but we coped ok.
The bed was good no complaints about the french bed layout. the toilet/shower isn't so good, if you swing the toilet to sit on, the toilet lid hits the wall so you sit on the seat at an angle, the small bowl is suitable for washing your hands, but shaving I finished up with more water on the floor than in the bowl, plus their isn't a mirror except on the small cupboard above the toilet. In future I will use the kitchen sink or by an electric razor. The much smaller fresh and grey tanks will also take some getting used to, the toilet tank was a nice surprise it had wheels ::bigsmile: The last one I emptied years ago had to be lugged to the waste point.
Heating worked a treat, set it at 18c during the night and that was nice. lighting controls are a different matter, some are controlled by the sargent unit, some have their own switch, seemed overly complicated to me.
We both thought it drove very nicely with plenty of power in the 2.3 engine and a reasonable ride which was a bit harsh at times. The wife is short at 5' and with the seat fully down and forward to reach the pedals she was hitting her knee on the dash when she changed gear, I am wondering about buying a lower seat base, anybody got one?

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I finished up with more water on the floor than in the bowl,
Hi.
I thought it was only me........ We often stay overnight at a friends in Grimsby when we are over,sleep in the house,but i have to go out to the mo/ho to shower and wash and shave,at least the shower tray is easy to dry out. (y). While in hospital in Porty,Shower every morning,nurse unplugged all the support bits and in i went. The controls for the shower would not have been out of place on a 747's dash board.. I " Fired up the shower !!"
It shot out of its cradle,through a gap in the curtain and began to flood the wards floor.I had really endeared myself to ALL the staff.
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why do you need lots of water to wash your face? I just wet my hands, rub them over my face and repeat then dry my face, no need to throw a bowl full of water at yourself! :giggle:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Having bought the Swift Autocruise 164 a couple of weeks ago we finally managed a night away, we stayed at Incleboro Fields campsite near Cromer, only four spare pitches on site all sloping and we haven't yet got levelling ramps so that wasn't ideal, lounging was ok as I could stretch out across the driver and passenger seat and watch the telly but while she could stretch out on the two passenger seats she couldn't see the telly, so she retired to the bed.
the much smaller space than the RV certainly takes a bit of getting used to but we coped ok.
The bed was good no complaints about the french bed layout. the toilet/shower isn't so good, if you swing the toilet to sit on, the toilet lid hits the wall so you sit on the seat at an angle, the small bowl is suitable for washing your hands, but shaving I finished up with more water on the floor than in the bowl, plus their isn't a mirror except on the small cupboard above the toilet. In future I will use the kitchen sink or by an electric razor. The much smaller fresh and grey tanks will also take some getting used to, the toilet tank was a nice surprise it had wheels ::bigsmile: The last one I emptied years ago had to be lugged to the waste point.
Heating worked a treat, set it at 18c during the night and that was nice. lighting controls are a different matter, some are controlled by the sargent unit, some have their own switch, seemed overly complicated to me.
We both thought it drove very nicely with plenty of power in the 2.3 engine and a reasonable ride which was a bit harsh at times. The wife is short at 5' and with the seat fully down and forward to reach the pedals she was hitting her knee on the dash when she changed gear, I am wondering about buying a lower seat base, anybody got one?
Electric Shavers require no water ;) Phillips do a nice range, some PVC's like our Hymer have a good Bathroom cabinet (Albright small) with a mirror and a longish mirror on the right, with either the skylight or bathroom light its good for a female to put on makeup etc.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Why do you need lots of water to wash your face? I just wet my hands, rub them over my face and repeat then dry my face, no need to throw a bowl full of water at yourself! :giggle:
There must be some scruffy buggers about Minxy
they'd be better of with a pressure washer by the sound of it

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Their being mucky b*ggers doesn't bother me ... its the waste of water that's the problem! :ROFLMAO:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
This may help they could trailer it :)
Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 16.29.02.png

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020

I take it you don’t wet shave? ;)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Men do it differently to women, wife the same as you, in fact she just uses cleanser no water at all.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
ER??. What`s wrong with the good old-fashioned Flannel?. Or is that my "war-baby" Status catching up with me? :giggle: . First caravan, Bowl of water, flannel, towel. start at the top Finnish at the bottom!. Job done!.:giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Wifes a beautician minxy she does top to toe hair removal with all the bits inbetween so if you see us just ask. ::bigsmile:
So that's why you glide through the sea like a fish .... :ROFLMAO:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Ohhhhh dear OilyFellow, you have already realised your huge mistake. Have you still got the RV perchance to switch back ? Proper bed, proper toilet, proper shower, proper sink, proper seats, proper view of the TV etc etc etc.

Hey ho, it was a :h: Winnebago:h:

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Wallow like a whale would be a better description.
But a lovely smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth whale .... :ROFLMAO:

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
ER??. What`s wrong with the good old-fashioned Flannel?. Or is that my "war-baby" Status catching up with me? :giggle: . First caravan, Bowl of water, flannel, towel. start at the top Finnish at the bottom!. Job done!.:giggle:
My mum says her mum told her - "You wash down as far as possible, then up as far as possible, then wash Possible"

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
My mum says her mum told her - "You wash down as far as possible, then up as far as possible, then wash Possible"
I can just imagine!. Mum`s Eh!!. Mine obsessed about clean underwear, one favourite quote was "if you get knocked down in dirty underpants, and no vest, they`l all think I`m not looking after you properly!."

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back