First time overnight in the new to us PVC (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
We have discussed pulling her little Suzuki Alto behind the PVC, that's a lovely little shopping car, it would also send the "why pull a car get a caravan" brigade on here into a frenzy. ::bigsmile:

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have discussed pulling her little Suzuki Alto behind the PVC, that's a lovely little shopping car, it would also send the "why pull a car get a caravan" brigade on here into a frenzy. ::bigsmile:
Ignore them.....do what you want! (y)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Put an A Frame on the PVC and tow it behind the RV

Best of both worlds

Day van for shopping trip, ‘proper van’ for everything else ;)
And a little toad behind that, you would start to look like an Australian land train 🦘🦘🦘🦘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
And a little toad behind that, you would start to look like an Australian land train 🦘🦘🦘🦘

Or Maybe This:-
1599291120694.jpeg

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
When you went straight from describing the toilet to saying that the bowl was too small to wash in I got the wrong idea!!!

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I can just imagine!. Mum`s Eh!!. Mine obsessed about clean underwear, one favourite quote was "if you get knocked down in dirty underpants, and no vest, they`l all think I`m not looking after you properly!."

Management still does. When I've been away with the Scouts, upon return her hand is held out for my washing bag. The contents are duly counted and the contents must equate to the days away, ie seven days equals seven pairs of pants, socks, shirts, shorts etc. Any inaccuracy and she gets a bit excited. :gum:

Sometimes, just to wind her up, I put a few bits in another bag and then innocently produce it claiming "I'm sorry I forgot to give you these". That gets her even more excited, particularly if the machine is already into it's wash. VeryNaughtySuperMike. :rofl:

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Having bought the Swift Autocruise 164 a couple of weeks ago we finally managed a night away, we stayed at Incleboro Fields campsite near Cromer, only four spare pitches on site all sloping and we haven't yet got levelling ramps so that wasn't ideal, lounging was ok as I could stretch out across the driver and passenger seat and watch the telly but while she could stretch out on the two passenger seats she couldn't see the telly, so she retired to the bed.
the much smaller space than the RV certainly takes a bit of getting used to but we coped ok.
The bed was good no complaints about the french bed layout. the toilet/shower isn't so good, if you swing the toilet to sit on, the toilet lid hits the wall so you sit on the seat at an angle, the small bowl is suitable for washing your hands, but shaving I finished up with more water on the floor than in the bowl, plus their isn't a mirror except on the small cupboard above the toilet. In future I will use the kitchen sink or by an electric razor. The much smaller fresh and grey tanks will also take some getting used to, the toilet tank was a nice surprise it had wheels ::bigsmile: The last one I emptied years ago had to be lugged to the waste point.
Heating worked a treat, set it at 18c during the night and that was nice. lighting controls are a different matter, some are controlled by the sargent unit, some have their own switch, seemed overly complicated to me.
We both thought it drove very nicely with plenty of power in the 2.3 engine and a reasonable ride which was a bit harsh at times. The wife is short at 5' and with the seat fully down and forward to reach the pedals she was hitting her knee on the dash when she changed gear, I am wondering about buying a lower seat base, anybody got one?
The answer is 'buy another RV' ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Management still does. When I've been away with the Scouts, upon return her hand is held out for my washing bag. The contents are duly counted and the contents must equate to the days away, ie seven days equals seven pairs of pants, socks, shirts, shorts etc. Any inaccuracy and she gets a bit excited. :gum:

Sometimes, just to wind her up, I put a few bits in another bag and then innocently produce it claiming "I'm sorry I forgot to give you these". That gets her even more excited, particularly if the machine is already into it's wash. VeryNaughtySuperMike. :rofl:
I foresee a future where you get instructed on how to use the washing machine ... or your dib will end up being stuck up your dob! :giggle:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
But then I would have two RV's and that's just silly. :giggle:
At one point in time I did have two A diesel pusher in the uk and the Winnebagel in the USA. My mate (sadly now gone to the big ship in the sky :cry:) called me "Winnie the two" :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back