First it was towels on sun loungers (1 Viewer)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This is what you call the height of selfishness, found a lovely remote spot on Applecross with a nice view of the beach.
German couple comes in with a hymer, spends half an hour turning it this way and that in the carpark in the pissing rain trying to get it level then proceeds to park it right accross the front of my van..... Bye bye nice view.
20170929_165208.jpg
20170929_164656.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Is there a reason that you chose not to occupy that, or a similar, position?

Ian
Yeah 2 reasons, firstly it's taking up a few spaces of the carpark being parked that way and as it's popular with the local dog walkers why irritate them.

And secondly it's side on to the wind that's hurtling in off the sea and everyone knows you park nose in to the wind unless you want to listen to rattling skylights all night

I gave them ten minutes to get comfortable and then asked them to move.....

They did

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Yeah 2 reasons, firstly it's taking up a few spaces of the carpark being parked that way and as it's popular with the local dog walkers why irritate them.

And secondly it's side on to the wind that's hurtling in off the sea and everyone knows you park nose in to the wind unless you want to listen to rattling skylights all night

They did

Yes, I also wouldn't have parked as they did but may have done in the same orientation as you. However it would depend on the specific layout of the site.

Ian

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Lots of Germans on the site I'm on at the moment, Sicily is full of them. :)

But we've parked with a flanking manœuvre and can catch them with an enfiladed shot from the camera if necessary. A Belgian is guarding my left side but I'm not sure I can rely on them. They keep disappearing on a scooter.

The view out to the front is a bit dark though, so it may not matter. :)

15067056939402054162636.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Lots of Germans on the site I'm on at the moment, Sicily is full of them. :)

But we've parked with a flanking manœuvre and can catch them with an enfiladed shot from the camera if necessary. A Belgian is guarding my left side but I'm not sure I can rely on them. They keep disappearing on a scooter.

The view out to the front is a bit dark though, so it may not matter. :)

View attachment 189190
What ever you do don't mention the war.
I may have mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None

They did
Shame they would have made a good wind break for you.

Blocked "YOUR" View ? Bless! .
Love it

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Shame they would have made a good wind break for you.

Love it
I'm enjoying watching their van rocking too and fro at the minute, I'm actually surprised they haven't turned it again, it's blowing a gale now but will get worse overnight

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
revenge is a banana and an exhaust pipe

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
This is what you call the height of selfishness, found a lovely remote spot on Applecross with a nice view of the beach.
German couple comes in with a hymer, spends half an hour turning it this way and that in the carpark in the pissing rain trying to get it level then proceeds to park it right accross the front of my van..... Bye bye nice view. View attachment 189163 View attachment 189164

I don’t consider it selfish at all, It was not “your view” and the Germans or anyone else were perfectly entitled to park as they did just as you were perfectly entitled to park as you did. You were not entitled to ask them to move they would have been within their tights to tell you to go forth, they should have done. If you didn’t want others to park in front of you perhaps you should have taken the space yourself.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Cannot see the problem really. You had the opertunity to park there and decided not to for your own reasons. There are no laws when it comes to Wild Camping or parking. If it had been a truck would you have still put the picture on or is it you just don't like Germans.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
P1030318.JPG

We parked a few weeks ago here then while having a BBQ a German van turned up and asked us to move as they didn't want to be on the corner in front of us( the other van the same way as ours below had already taken the spot that the blue van was using but the black car stopped the Germans being long ways between us.
They were surprised that I wouldn't move :rolleyes:

DSC_0027.JPG

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I don’t consider it selfish at all, It was not “your view” and the Germans or anyone else were perfectly entitled to park as they did just as you were perfectly entitled to park as you did. You were not entitled to ask them to move they would have been within their tights to tell you to go forth, they should have done. If you didn’t want others to park in front of you perhaps you should have taken the space yourself.
And that's what's wrong with the world today
People don't know when they are being inconsiderate... The view blocking isn't the only issue, the taking up a few spaces in a small carpark is also inconsiderate and part of the reason locals object to campervans in the car parks, park considerately and that reduces complaints..... They were also blocking my exit from the carpark and as I leave around 8am I'm pretty sure they'd prefer being asked to move now than me waking them with a loud horn in the morning.
Hopefully I'll never be in the same parking area as yourself I bet you park accross peoples driveways too.

And whether they wear tights or not is neither here nor there..... Although I expected lederhosen

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I agree selfish was the wrong word. ‘Inconsiderate’ probably fits better. :D

The Germans may at first have though, oh how nice these Englander wholenmobileists are to leave such a nice place to park but on being asked to move must have thought the Englander sense of humour was not perhaps as advertised in the German holiday press. :D

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
In France this year we visited a site shortly after very heavy rain.

The owner apologised for the soft ground and told us he had only one space that would be firm enough for our m/h.

He led us to the pitch and told us which way around to park in order to have firm ground under the driving wheels if we needed to move off.

After he left my wife was subject to a tirade from the Dutchman on the next pitch that "with all the site to choose from you have parked there and now all we can see is a white wall".

Sometimes you just can't win!

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
And that's what's wrong with the world today
People don't know when they are being inconsiderate... The view blocking isn't the only issue, the taking up a few spaces in a small carpark is also inconsiderate and part of the reason locals object to campervans in the car parks, park considerately and that reduces complaints..... They were also blocking my exit from the carpark and as I leave around 8am I'm pretty sure they'd prefer being asked to move now than me waking them with a loud horn in the morning.
Hopefully I'll never be in the same parking area as yourself I bet you park accross peoples driveways too.

And whether they wear tights or not is neither here nor there..... Although I expected lederhosen

You didn’t mention they were blocking your exit did you, you were complaining about them blocking your view. If they were blocking your exit and you really intended to move off early that puts a different complexion on the matter. Had you just simply explained you would be leaving early I am sure they would have been happy to accommodate you although they moved anyway. As for me blocking peoples driveways, or anywhere else it’s a very silly suggestion.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Cannot see the problem really. You had the opertunity to park there and decided not to for your own reasons. There are no laws when it comes to Wild Camping or parking. If it had been a truck would you have still put the picture on or is it you just don't like Germans.
OK I'll bite cause the telly signal is worse than the Internet one.

It wouldn't Have mattered had it been a camper a truck or your mother in a wheelchair they'd still have been asked to move as they were also blocking me in.
It also wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference to their nationility, only the title, if it had been another Scotsman I'd simply have changed the title to something relevant..... It's quite apparent I'd have thought that my op was partly making a point about inconsiderate selfish parking and partly an attempt at humor..... I'm sorry I didn't consider those without a funny bone.

They moved when asked as they didn't realise they were blocking the view they were merely trying to get the van level, I explained my van isn't level but it also isn't obstructing anyone and that there was an otherwise empty carpark to chose from.

There may be no rules when wildcamping but there is an unspoken rule about not ruining someone else's enjoyment.
I abide by that rule it's a shame not everyone shares that view.

And it's increasingly apparent who has the stuff you jack I'm okay attitude out there

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

The Germans may at first have though, oh how nice these Englander wholenmobileists are to leave such a nice place to park but on being asked to move must have thought the Englander sense of humour was not perhaps as advertised in the German holiday press. :D
I'm Scottish

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back