First Funster to get Covid jab.. (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Edited, 1st was stuck in the ether of the web.
LES

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Broken Link Removed
I did post earlier that OH TinaL had her 1st Pfizer Jab on the 15th of December, just had email confirmation that her 2nd jab appointment will be on 7th Jan 2021. Apparently you have to return to the same venue to have the 2nd jab as your 1st, so that involves another trip up to London St Georges, but I am pleased she was offered it as she is in the vulnerable category.
According to the online calculator, I cannot expect mine until May 2021, I did ask why I was so low down the list, was expecting to be told I was too young, good looking, fit & healthy, but they must be keeping Schtum on that under data protection rules.:rofl:
Happy new year to all, stay safe.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
I think a funster posted before Christmas that they were a front line worker and had already received the first one ?

Scotsblood I think ?
Yes, had second dose on the 30th. Have to admit experienced the sore arm again and yesterday had that “fluey” feeling but a couple of malts last night have sorted that out!
I feel very privileged to have been vaccinated ahead of a lot but will absolutely not let my guard down and others mustn’t either.
We are still struggling to staff our hospitals and the patients are still coming.
Please do the right thing and help to stop transmission.
Stay well everyone.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Perhaps we need a new super hero called Jabadoggie who hunts down and destroys the misinformation being spread by the evil old crone Auntie Vaxer.
It won't work the auntie vaxer fan's see it as a belief like religion you can't reason with them. It's like people who hope that the bid increase in cases won't result in more hospital admissions and deaths. It's happened now twice before I think it could happen another 10 times they would still say its only test results most won't get I'll lets not take too much action until we see its really a problem.

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
Who is going to be the FIRST FUNSTER to post that they have had the jab....I am fairly high on the jab list in Spain but haven't had the call yet.....personal assumption...
So I wait eagerly who is going to be first...
Hi Jumar, where can I find the Spanish Jab list? Mick.

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Took MIL last week, they ask a few medical questions, she has just remembered that one of the questions was whether she was taking part in a vaccine trial, she cant remember whether they were asking about this vaccine trial (Pfizer) or ANY vaccine trial.

As I know other members here are on trials and some have been told they can have a different vaccine if offered, just wondering why they are asking that question, especially if they meant ANY vaccine trial and more importantly what they would say if you answer 'Yes' to that question.

Anybody who has already been asked the same or similar question?
Anybody due to go soon, if asked can you ask the reason for the question, please.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Got a terrible hangover, will that move me up the list?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yes, had second dose on the 30th. Have to admit experienced the sore arm again and yesterday had that “fluey” feeling but a couple of malts last night have sorted that out!
I feel very privileged to have been vaccinated ahead of a lot but will absolutely not let my guard down and others mustn’t either.
We are still struggling to staff our hospitals and the patients are still coming.
Please do the right thing and help to stop transmission.
Stay well everyone.
Proly been asked before, but hey ho :)
Did you get a card or something identifying you as one of the new breed of touchables ? ( rather than untouchables ! :) )

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
jab.jpg

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I was surprised by a phone call yesterday from our doctors, asking hubby to go to Tadcsster for a jab on Friday. He is 77, our neighbour is over 80 and is still waiting.

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
So are there any bar codes or other features on it ?
I ask 'cosI can see them becoming available on eBay and the like !!
Details on the back of our actual vaccination dates, batch numbers etc.

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Just had our first vaccinations, I am 76 and wife 74. Good service from our Health Centre in South Somerset.
We had a phone call at 7.30pm can you get in here for the Covid vaccination in the next 15 minutes, no second thoughts, in the car and on the way.
When we got to the Community Centre we were given some papers to take through to the room where the vaccinations were being done and our doctor who works with our daughter and grand daughter gave us a talk on how the vaccination has been developed and how it works and then jab jab, both of us done.
We were lucky as they had enough left due to some people not turning up, enough for nine so our grand daughter volunteered our names as two and other staff rang their older relatives as the unfrozen vaccines would be wasted.
I am amazed that people would not call in to explain or just not turn up.

I lost a friend this week, some who are old enough to know anything about motor cross in the late 60’s- 70’s Brian ( Badger ) Goss, British Champion, passed away in Yeovil hospital a few days ago after contracting the Covid virus, I see him most days and when that happens to someone you know well it really dawns on you how serious this virus is

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back