First Funster to get Covid jab.. (1 Viewer)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Who is going to be the FIRST FUNSTER to post that they have had the jab....I am fairly high on the jab list in Spain but haven't had the call yet.....personal assumption...
So I wait eagerly who is going to be first...

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Had to get your own back, Didn`t you....:xrofl:

Broken Link Removed
Don't you worry Auld Yin!:xThumb:
Mattie boy said you've to be right near the top of the list and to make sure I've to head down and administer it for you.:xThumb:
I'm on my way!x:-):xeek:

1609427625318.png

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think several have probably had them I had mine about 10 days ago. Just volunteered to help at our local vaccination centre on Wednesday. I think something that no-one has asked yet is if the second doses are delayed to 12 weeks after the first in week 12 everyone vaccinated in week 1 will be due their second one. If the weekly capacity is the same there will be no new vaccinations for the next 12 weeks!!!
Presumably it's all been taken into account.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I think several have probably had them I had mine about 10 days ago. Just volunteered to help at our local vaccination centre on Wednesday. I think something that no-one has asked yet is if the second doses are delayed to 12 weeks after the first in week 12 everyone vaccinated in week 1 will be due their second one. If the weekly capacity is the same there will be no new vaccinations for the next 12 weeks!!!
Presumably it's all been taken into account.
You make an interesting point but I think they have taken it into account. They say the limiting factor is vaccine supply and perhaps by then there could be new manufacturing facilities on line and other vaccines gaining approval. They have pre-ordered other vaccines that have yet to complete phase 3 trials.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
That dodgy knee is boosting you up the list then ?x:-)
Well its actually both knees.....but I did have a nasty problem 25 years ago when my immune system was compromised......and to be honest my internal breathing bags are quite dodgy too....I just look fit.....I'm like an old banger that's had a respray, but don't look under the bonnet.;)

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
You make an interesting point but I think they have taken it into account. They say the limiting factor is vaccine supply and perhaps by then there could be new manufacturing facilities on line and other vaccines gaining approval. They have pre-ordered other vaccines that have yet to complete phase 3 trials.
heard in the telly this morning apparently they have not got the bottles to put it in, :doh: don't understand why they cannot recycle the used ones (bottles not vaccines)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
They say, ideally, the limiting factor is vaccine supply and .......

Fixed it for you, 😉

They have been very careful with their wording when asked about roll out rate. JVT has, as ever, been the most forthright on this point. He says that there should not be stocks held in a fridge in a room anywhere!

Ian

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Fixed it for you, 😉

They have been very careful with their wording when asked about roll out rate. JVT has, as ever, been the most forthright on this point. He says that there should not be stocks held in a fridge in a room anywhere!

Ian
I fear that might be wishful thinking by JVT.
Despite my admiration for NHS frontline staff the organisational skills of the NHS are not exactly world class.
I think the military should be organising the vaccine roll out.

Richard.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Despite my admiration for NHS frontline staff the organisational skills of the NHS are not exactly world class.

Richard.
:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Not to mention there is a politician overseing the whole thing.

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Just spoke to a family member who works front line at a large hospital, they have been trying to book a slot online for the first vaccine, each time they are released they are gone in minutes. When recently the hospital found they had a batch of the vaccine that needed using up quickly, the best they could come up with was to vaccinate a raft of office staff workers.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just spoke to a family member who works front line at a large hospital, they have been trying to book a slot online for the first vaccine, each time they are released they are gone in minutes. When recently the hospital found they had a batch of the vaccine that needed using up quickly, the best they could come up with was to vaccinate a raft of office staff workers.
That sounds depressingly familiar. They rang me to offer a slot while I was in a clinic so couldn't answer but left no message and it was a witheld number. If I hadn't chased it up I would still be waiting.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006

Richard.

I think JVT was saying that it would be inexcusable for that to happen; I don’t think that he was suggesting that it wouldn’t happen.

I suspect that he may fear the same as your good self.

Ian

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I asked our Spanish doctor last week when I would get it? and he said "te estás riendo" - "your having a laugh"

Who knows.......................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back