finding a proper weighbridge south yorks/ north lincs (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I want to check all the weights on the M/H to see if the upgrades I’m possibly thinking are feasible, the last time I went to a weight bridge around Doncaster all I could find was a an quarry type place, which was not the best. I’ve been on the VOSA website to find one, but it just refers to the DMBC site, which has a small list of quarry type only, these are not really suitable for what I want.

The operators aren’t really interested in doing what I want (I.E. front axle, rear axle, whole van.) the places listed are not good for motorhomes It took me days to clean the van underneath last time and I dread to think what could have happed to the tyres/chassis.

I want to do it properly so I can work out weights, I want my van to be legal, I don’t mind paying a fare fee

Any ideas

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
As you have found out, a tip for all would be weighbridge seekers steer clear of scrap yard weighbridges as most of them are full of sharp steel swarf and pointy things, I know I was a weighbridge operator ,If you can try and find a flat bridge as many now have ramped approach and exit which will give an incorrect axle weight .I contacted our council weighbridge to find out how much they charge £25.83p :eek: I used to charge £3.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
There's a free one off J27 M62, at Gildersome, follow A650 to morley.

Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
whilst £25 is a lot Id pay to get the job done properly with printouts & without damage/mess etc
at least Id be able to work forwards with my taske, With empty weights I canadd on what I need to know but with no base line Ive got nothing to work on.

How can we be expected to be "legal" if the tools to do so arnt there....

There must be somewhere

fred flintstone

Free Member
Jul 12, 2016
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Pilote P690
Exp
Since 2007 on and off
Barnsley Council have one at their Smithies lane depot. Its really clean as well. Just drive in and they will weigh front rear and total weight.
Really nice bloke that works on it.
They only work Mon to Fri.
I think it was £4.00 in total when I went in June this year.
This includes official receipt.

Last edited:

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
There's a couple near us, one in Chesterfield and one at Clay Cross but perhaps a bit too far from Donny, which I would recommend and both charge a fiver if you want a weight receipt and if the operator is in a good mood and don't want a receipt - nothing.
Weighs front, rear and whole van if that's what you want.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I found this page

https://chrishodgetrucks.co.uk/pageweighbridge/weighbridges12.htm

there seems to be one one on the council depote, Ive treid ring the number to see if its sutable or not but ones in yet, It seems a shame/stranfge that this wasnt list on the DMBC websitepage? unless they really dont want it used by non council stuff?

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
There's a good one at Kiveton Park Steels. Despite the name it's not a scrapyard but a manufacturer and as such the weighbridge was clean when I last used it. Do front, rear and total with printout. They are about 2 miles off the A57 east of junction 31 of the M1. Will dig out the phone number if you need it.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
There's a good one at Kiveton Park Steels. Despite the name it's not a scrapyard but a manufacturer and as such the weighbridge was clean when I last used it. Do front, rear and total with printout. They are about 2 miles off the A57 east of junction 31 of the M1. Will dig out the phone number if you need it.

thanks that ones on the list so Ive got the number, the DMBC one is supposed to be ringing back?

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp

I mailed them and this was thier reply

"Thank you for the email, yes we can weigh off your motorhome.

The price is £6 per weigh ticket (weight).

The bridge is open Monday to Thursday 7am to 2pm

Friday 7am to 1pm.

Closed Saturday and Sunday.

No need to book as long as you come in the times listed, just `pap` your horn when on the bridge and someone will walk down to you.

Kind regards

Rachel

Rachel Leedell | Kiveton Park Steel Ltd

Direct Dial: +44 (0) 1909 775530"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back