Finally bought one😎 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
So after a very loooooong time we have finally jumped in, we nearly bought a Frankia about 18 months ago but decided to maybe move abroad, and we didn’t want the hassle to matriculate a vehicle, after being on the road continuously for over 6 months and many many miles, many countries and lots of food and sunshine, sniffing a great variety of cultures, we have decided that we don’t want to be in one place, we like to travel more, so a renewed effort was made, we wanted something big, something well sorted able to be off grid if we want to be, also reliability was an important criteria, age was not important, quality the main driver, this presented one issue, most of these older quality MH are manual, and after a bad knee injury I refuse to have one, then an opportunity jumped at us , first seen on this forum, then strongly reduced and brought to the forum attention once more, well what can I say , we will arrive back in Blighty on The 5th, and on the 7th we will be driving away in this rather special MH, a few of you will recognise it, EXCITED is the word😎😇🥰
CCEA2FDF-50E1-489E-9BB8-E1CD6A78633F.jpeg
0CD73DEC-1601-4E62-ABC4-C02310827B6A.jpeg
5B6D58D1-40A9-4F70-8573-7C8B8B581C3C.jpeg

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I understand your view. That is a big sign but even I have a poppy car sticker which is there all year. I am not ex services but had a Dad in the RAF and there is such a bond between ex- servicemen. Clearly they feel the need to promote military charities in whatever way they can.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Obviously not a paper one,,it’s metal 👍

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So after a very loooooong time we have finally jumped in, we nearly bought a Frankia about 18 months ago but decided to maybe move abroad, and we didn’t want the hassle to matriculate a vehicle, after being on the road continuously for over 6 months and many many miles, many countries and lots of food and sunshine, sniffing a great variety of cultures, we have decided that we don’t want to be in one place, we like to travel more, so a renewed effort was made, we wanted something big, something well sorted able to be off grid if we want to be, also reliability was an important criteria, age was not important, quality the main driver, this presented one issue, most of these older quality MH are manual, and after a bad knee injury I refuse to have one, then an opportunity jumped at us , first seen on this forum, then strongly reduced and brought to the forum attention once more, well what can I say , we will arrive back in Blighty on The 5th, and on the 7th we will be driving away in this rather special MH, a few of you will recognise it, EXCITED is the word😎😇🥰View attachment 686409View attachment 686410View attachment 686411
What weight is it ? 7.5t?

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I just think that the UK is the only country out of all the countries involved in both world wars who think they lost lives and shouldn't forget🤷‍♂️ I've never seen any other country display these type of stickers. And I have to say I've seen even more of them in recent years . It's this almost obsession with the wars that I believe feeds in to this anti Europe and anti immigration thing the UK also has a problem with. By all means we should remember but without pushing it down throats . Which I believe these decals do

Opinions vary of course but I don't get the mentality and never have.
I have no problem what so ever with any country at all be that be Spain, Germany, Afghanistan or any other nation displaying their respect for loss of life during conflict, most of the victims never chose to be in that position in the first place. If you chose not to display your respect 🤷‍♂️ (I personally would not) but I would never criticise any one/nation that feel they need to pay respect to their ancestors.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The question is why do British feel the need to ? And to be honest I don't think these graphics are done out of respect

Certainly the one parked round the corner from my mums that's covered in these belongs to a 25 Yr old eedjit who never worked never mind served a day in his life .
This is Dutch 68 ‘s thread about his new van - I’m out!

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Looks great. Hope you have many happy travel miles. (y)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Just need the decals to complete the livery now and then it really should look good. :LOL:

download.jpg
(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dutch 68
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
T
That's a cracker (y) MAN pusher I guess.

Congrats on your new van Dutch 68
Thank you👍, yes it’s a pusher quite long but not that high, haven’t seen it moving in 4 weeks, I think they have a holiday home just below where it is parked

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Stonking van 👍👍👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.