majo

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
My Nissan Navara which is used almost exclusively for towing our 5th wheel had a recall last November re. alloy wheels and possible cracking. All was well, however had a crack been discovered all wheels would have been replaced immediately. As a follow up to this recall Nissan are now starting to replace uneffected wheels from the same batch. Mine is booked in for the end of this month.
How different from Fiat's treatment when we had a Ducato based Kon-tiki and the built in reverse gear shudder. Fiat's answer..........3 ltr models are not effected.......my a**e
Any one in the market for an 07 kon-tiki 669 make sure you try backing up a hill before parting with your hard earned cash

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
your lucky to have a date for replacement. mine are from the faulty batch and despite inspection(with cracks), the garage cant tell me if or when the new wheels will arrive months on

Kasey

Free Member
Nov 10, 2011
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
since 2009
your lucky to have a date for replacement. mine are from the faulty batch and despite inspection(with cracks), the garage cant tell me if or when the new wheels will arrive months on

That's bad. As Majo says, they should have been replaced immediately if cracks were found.
I became fed up waiting for ANOTHER letter from Nissan so I rang their customer service line (the number on the original letter). They told me to book in with the local dealer to get them replaced and that they would telephone the local dealer to tell them to expect me and wheels would be on the way to them.

Worth making a phone call (& a bit of a fuss).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
My Nissan is the older model so no issues........but my pal has just has his changed with no cracks apparent.

The problem appears to be Chinese wheels most alloys made in china appear to be inferior quality.

All the best Rick

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Got my recall papers and will sort it when I get back to Cheshire.:thumb:
Heard a story on the Nav Forum that one garage actually refused to give a guy his car back after they found cracks until they could get replacements! Nice!
Ps. Mine have been checked (penetrant flaw dye detect) and found to be clear but I still have to have 2010 wheels. Gutted cos I prefer the look of my 2008 wheels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back