Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
Hi all I’ve just purchased a fiat Ducato swift 622 .But the front captain seats don’t swivel.So I’m looking for help on how to turn them into swivel seats info on what to buy and advice idd be grateful

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Be aware they will make you sitting position higher - so if you’re tall beware
but you can change the seat base to a lower one to take account of the height of the swivel

Fitting the swivel is pretty straight forward for basic diy skills. undo 4 bolts and remove seat, bolt on swivel plate and the bolt the seat to the swivel

OP
OP
Dazz

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
I hope it’s that easy lol now need to find the right plates for 2019 fiat Ducato

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I hope it’s that easy lol now need to find the right plates for 2019 fiat Ducato
I am pretty certain that the same swivel fits the x250 and newer x290, so should fit your 2019 ducato

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Possibly

steve west

Free Member
Aug 8, 2020
Isle of wight
Funster No
MH
1998 autostratus ek
Exp
30 years
Hi all I’ve just purchased a fiat Ducato swift 622 .But the front captain seats don’t swivel.So I’m looking for help on how to turn them into swivel seats info on what to buy and advice idd be grateful
Hi look on ebay or try Jenkins seats .co.uk

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Due to the location of the washroom the driver's one might not swivel much so best check first, the passenger one shouldn't be an issue though.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Fitting the swivel is pretty straight forward for basic diy skills. undo 4 bolts and remove seat

Simple? If you're one of those blokes that throw tractor tyres about for fun like in "Worlds Strongest Man"
For mere mortals I can tell that those seats ain't light.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
My advice is to seriously consider a lowered seat box - it makes all the difference to a pleasant drive... with my first van I always felt I was driving scrunched up to see below the sun visor... in my current van with lowered seat boxes, the driving position is exactly where the van maker intended it to be.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Same for us (lowered seat base). Made even more important because of the pelmet fitted to the upper edge of the 'screen.

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
s-l400.jpg
Not sure if these are on the 2019 van, you may need to account for the wires too.

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Just one thing to check if you opt for a lower seat base to compensate for the increase in seat height. On our last (fiat based) Moho, there was only a drawer under the driver’s seat, but a (very) tight fitting polystyrene block under the passenger seat, which carried the Jack, winder, wheelbrace, and various other tools. It was such a tight fit that you needed to remove the passenger floor mat to get it out!!! You would have a job to trim it down to fit in a lowered seat base! I have also seen (still fiat based) Moho driver seats with a couple of batteries under them, which might, again, make a lower seat base on the driver’s side problematical! Best to check before you order lower seat bases!

MaryWynne4

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato conversi
Hello, we have changed seats in Fiat Ducato to swivel seats but unfortunately now the seat belt parts don't 'fit together'. We bought Seat Alhambra swivel seats !!!?
Has anyone any advice? Thanks in advance.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
unbolt the catch from the original seats and fit those to the alhambra seats. Fiat and the vw group use different size seatbelt catches

Aug 3, 2020
Didcot, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
My advice is to seriously consider a lowered seat box - it makes all the difference to a pleasant drive... with my first van I always felt I was driving scrunched up to see below the sun visor... in my current van with lowered seat boxes, the driving position is exactly where the van maker intended it to be.
I removed the swivel because I found the seat uncomfortably high on long drives. I hope this isn’t a stupid question (it probably is!) but is it possible to lower the existing seat box/base or do you need to replace the seat box/base with a lower one?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
New seatbox... designed to compensate for the height of the swivel.
So the seat is back at the height that Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot spent a lot of time & resources making the seat to be the best possible driving position.

I removed the swivel because I found the seat uncomfortably high on long drives. I hope this isn’t a stupid question (it probably is!) but is it possible to lower the existing seat box/base or do you need to replace the seat box/base with a lower one?
But of course, you may have to consider what's under the seat, such as batteries.
In my case it was just a folder fully of manuals under one, and the 'toolkit' under the other which both still fitted.

Last edited:

MaryWynne4

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato conversi
unbolt the catch from the original seats and fit those to the alhambra seats. Fiat and the vw group use different size seatbelt catches
Thank you for your time to respond to me but my husband has just informed me they are Hyundai Trajet seats he has put into the Fiat (my mistake). Your suggestion above isn't possible as the bolts are different sizes. Any other advice for me. ? Most grateful. Thank you

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thank you for your time to respond to me but my husband has just informed me they are Hyundai Trajet seats he has put into the Fiat (my mistake). Your suggestion above isn't possible as the bolts are different sizes. Any other advice for me. ? Most grateful. Thank you
Use the bolts for the ones you want through the seat belt sockets you require. If hole is too small drill them bigger. Photo's might help as well
& welcome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back