Fiamma sunview XL (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 20, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
Has anyone any experience of these Fiamma sun blocking panels to add to the front of the wind out awning? I think they are a bit like the lily pad ones which are no longer made. On the pictures they look quite nice looking, but I wonder do they actually work to keep some sun off you under the awning, and also, do they just slide in? Does anyone know of a firm I could contact to ask some details or see one of these? Will they likely be at the shows this summer?

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
We have the more or less identical Thule sunscreen and yes, they do work. We found it to be invaluable in Spain last year as it lets what little breeze might be available through while shielding from the sun’s rays. I believe they all attach in the same way by sliding into the channel under the awning front casing.

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Has anyone any experience of these Fiamma sun blocking panels to add to the front of the wind out awning? I think they are a bit like the lily pad ones which are no longer made. On the pictures they look quite nice looking, but I wonder do they actually work to keep some sun off you under the awning, and also, do they just slide in? Does anyone know of a firm I could contact to ask some details or see one of these? Will they likely be at the shows this summer?

Lillypad are trading again,back after a long illness 👍

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2022
Whitestone, Hereford, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Lillypad are in business again by the look of it

Upvote 0
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
BooBooKing I have one for the old Fiamma van, not used it on the new Thule one yet but hope it will work ok but I’ll have to remove it every time I want the canopy in as the track is on the inside.

On my Fiamma canopy it was great. Blocked out tge sun very well and did allow some ventilation. They are quite robust so a tin of dry lube would be handy to have and an extra pair of hands if possible to help.

The really good thing on a Fiamma canopy is that it is designed to roll the sun blocker up, fasten with the attached fittings and you can then roll your canopy back in when it’s windy. 😊

Upvote 0
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
I kept the one from my Fiamma awning, it fits the Thule just as well and is effective, Blocks the sun but not the view....

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We have a Thule Sunblocker. Its great (better than pegging towels to the awning)
Gives privacy as well while allowing us to see out.
20240504_144312.jpg
20240601_091456.jpg

Upvote 0
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Ditto. Very well made. I would say limited in shade protection (but there definitely IS some shade) but very useful in terms of ventilation.
Do they make an end panel. The Thule ones are expensive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
We have a sun blocker, a rain blocker and a side panel from Obelink good quality and good price.
They are Dutch but have a UK distribution.

Do you have a link for the U.K. end? Interested in a side sun blocker or plain panel to go with the Thule front one.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Do you have a link for the U.K. end? Interested in a side sun blocker or plain panel to go with the Thule front one.
I googled obelink uk and got directed to a uk distribution seller.
However, just tried that and it takes me to the NL site.
Worth a search though.
Sorry can’t help more.

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
I bought my Obelink front panel directly from their Dutch site and it arrived very promptly. I just had to do a bit of Google translate!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BooBooKing
Jan 20, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
I have found that Polar also do a sun blocker, made to measure, for £85. They will be at the Newark show so I'm going to wait and see what they look like.Thanks to all who replied.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back