Faulty reverse cam I'm stumped (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Cameras are usually pre-wired with a meter of cable to maintain IP (ingress protection) rating so I would imagine the panel where the cable enters must be removable to some degree as someone has drilled an enlogated hole of sorts
Maybe if you break the silicone seal and pull the panel away the connectors are behind in the void
Really don't want to move the panel it's behind as it is very well secured, I'm going to have a look behind the lights again tomorrow but if that fails I'll be cutting the wire where it enters the current camera and joining the cables..... I'd rather try that first before tampering with the van mouldings etc.
If that doesn't work I plan to just have an installer fit a complete new camera kit
Quite fancy a dual camera anyway..... But any camera is better than none at present

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Really don't want to move the panel it's behind as it is very well secured, I'm going to have a look behind the lights again tomorrow but if that fails I'll be cutting the wire where it enters the current camera and joining the cables..... I'd rather try that first before tampering with the van mouldings etc.
If that doesn't work I plan to just have an installer fit a complete new camera kit
Quite fancy a dual camera anyway..... But any camera is better than none at present
Someone got the cable up there so very good chance it is feed behind the light somehow, can you see the wires for the light anywhere if so follow them
It was put in after the van was made so clearly access was needed at some stage to fit the camera, keep looking all will be revealed

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The small multi pin connector shown in the ebay link is only on the monitor lead but phono plugs on the camera. Autosleepers use the small 7mm diameter plug on the original Veba camera but unfortunately the cameras are approx £100 and they don't last long, you would still have to locate the plug and socket behind the rear panel first.
The plug / socket I referred to is on many of the cameras sold on eBay as well as on monitors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Took both high level lights out today and no luck only the wires for the lights in there, I did discover the wire is broken just where it goes in to the existing camera so I took the camera off and stripped it down.... Yellow wire broken which I hope is the fault.
New camera should arrive tomorrow or Friday and I'm going to just solder the wires and insulate and see if that works

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Had to admit defeat with the camera, the one I bought from eBay typically had 4 different coloured wires to the one I took off... I'm. No electrician so I've given up and it's booked in to an installer in Perth on Tuesday morning.
I think it's getting a twin camera option fitted hopefully the monitor etc is okay and it will just be the camera, the installer does all the camera and alarm work for perthshire caravans and dixons of Perth so hopefully they can do it without disturbing much of the bodywork or fittings

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back