Factory B2B on Adria Twin Auto 2021 (1 Viewer)

krisb

Free Member
Jul 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Fam 2021
Hi! Based on earlier forum posts I was expecting to find a factory fitted b2b on our new Twin 640 Family with Auto gearbox.

Any ideas? See photo

I’m about to start speccing a diy lithium conversion (I do pro electronics in another field, but this is my first MH- seems an easy enough project) but not finding a b2b has thrown me before I even start!

Kris

B3C9C3F0-47F4-4607-B7E8-E7947B554193.jpeg

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I think it’s the photo that is not showing correctly. Yes my understanding is that all 21 model Adria twin supreme 640’s that have an auto box & thereby a 140bhp engine as minimum are fitted with a B2B, but in the spec sheet it is called a DC/DC converter. I have no personal knowledge of these things but this is my understanding from my personal order and I believe they are the same thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

krisb

Free Member
Jul 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Fam 2021
Ha, the photo is the right way up in my iPhone gallery

thanks Roy, that’s what I heard… I wonder where it could be hiding or if there’s more to it

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Ha, the photo is the right way up in my iPhone gallery

thanks Roy, that’s what I heard… I wonder where it could be hiding or if there’s more to it
I don't know your van, I have seen them installed in the cupboard where the hab electrics are.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Start the engine and measure the voltages of the starter battery and leisure battery. If they are always the same, (allowing for voltage drop) then you have a split charge relay. If they are different, there must be something causing the difference, most likely a B2B ie a DC-DC converter.

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Hi, Krisb. First congratulations on buying an excellent van :cool:. Have you joined the Adria Twin Facebook group, great place to get info on these vans. I have seen B2B fitted to these vans within the battery area you are showing or the back of the EBL unit driver side but this is not standard from what I have seen. I have the manual gearbox 640 SGX and could not find any B2B but the voltage was stable. Dealer thinks the smart alternator is turned off via the ECU and stop start is disabled. I have read this on many forums about new motorhomes. Dealers are doing this to save on fitting B2B's. You can check out my Vlog below, I have disconnected the charging circuit and fitted a Victron B2B, like you I will be fitting a Lithium battery when it turns up

OP
OP
K

krisb

Free Member
Jul 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Fam 2021
Thanks, I'll join that FB group!

My van does stop the engine at lights

I'm going to do some voltage tests next I think

OP
OP
K

krisb

Free Member
Jul 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Fam 2021
Ah, great video- I just had a skim through and I look forward to watching in full ASAP (y)

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Thanks, I'll join that FB group!

My van does stop the engine at lights

I'm going to do some voltage tests next I think
You will have to do voltage reading at battery terminal easy access under passengers foot well. I expect the 12v outlet in the cab area will be regulated to stop over voltage if it is a smart alternator

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Mine is auto 640 and its under the drivers seat

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Mine is auto 640 and its under the drivers seat
Thought someone said it was under the driver seat on a previous post. Is it a blue box. Can't remember the manufacturer name for it

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Dealer thinks the smart alternator is turned off via the ECU
This would probably be the case for Fiat based motorhomes before September 2019 but since the testing changes they have had to stop doing this. There may be a few post 2019 vans that were already in the system but by now they probably all have smart alternators. The Euro6 standard has not changed but the cheats and dodges are now being picked up by the more realistic tests.

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
This would probably be the case for Fiat based motorhomes before September 2019 but since the testing changes they have had to stop doing this. There may be a few post 2019 vans that were already in the system but by now they probably all have smart alternators. The Euro6 standard has not changed but the cheats and dodges are now being picked up by the more realistic tests.
Probably, will only know when you get the van check the system and see if there is a B2B. In the end if they fit a B2B then all the better

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Found out from Adria Twinner on the Facebook group where the B2B is fitted.
Normally this is under either the driver or non-driver seat and it looks like the picture below. So if you have not got this fitted then its most likely you do not have a B2B fitted. This is a Schaudt WA 121525 model 25A charger and has Lithium setting. If you have this fitted then I would stick with it as they seem to be good

B2B Dealer.jpg

OP
OP
K

krisb

Free Member
Jul 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Fam 2021
Thanks,

Motorhomer14!​

My 140hp Auto, 2021 Van does have the blue B2B fitted.

I didn't realise until your photo prompted me to look again that the passenger under seat area basically has two compartments separated by a metal plate- from the front it looks like there's no B2B and really no room for it, but from the back panel access (as per your photo) it's right there staring at me!

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Thanks,

Motorhomer14!​

My 140hp Auto, 2021 Van does have the blue B2B fitted.

I didn't realise until your photo prompted me to look again that the passenger under seat area basically has two compartments separated by a metal plate- from the front it looks like there's no B2B and really no room for it, but from the back panel access (as per your photo) it's right there staring at me!
Great i think a lot of people do not realise. I expect from 2021 onwards this will be standard

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Staplehurst, Tonbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returning to MHoming after 11 years
Hi! Based on earlier forum posts I was expecting to find a factory fitted b2b on our new Twin 640 Family with Auto gearbox.

Any ideas? See photo

I’m about to start speccing a diy lithium conversion (I do pro electronics in another field, but this is my first MH- seems an easy enough project) but not finding a b2b has thrown me before I even start!

Kris
Kris, did you manage to complete this project? I have 2021 160BHP Auto SLB and am looking at doing the same.
I have Schaudt WA 121525 B2B like you, also factory fitted solar panel controlled by a SUN SC360M. As far as I can tell, in addition to the new Lithium batteries (TBD) I need to set the B2B to Lithium, adjust the jumpers SC360M, and the EBL211 Electroblock is set to Lead-Gel. No further hardware required. Can you confirm? Tx in advance, Guy

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry to interrupt but does the Sun Contol solar panel regulator automatically charge both leisure and vehicle batteries too or does it need manual change over. A friend was told by their dealer that it only did the leisure battery but I don’t think that will be correct and it is a brand new 640 Supreme Auto too. I noticed his electro lock was set for AGM charging but I don’t know what his vehicle battery is, the leisure one is the same as in the OP

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Sorry to interrupt but does the Sun Contol solar panel regulator automatically charge both leisure and vehicle batteries too or does it need manual change over. A friend was told by their dealer that it only did the leisure battery but I don’t think that will be correct and it is a brand new 640 Supreme Auto too. I noticed his electro lock was set for AGM charging but I don’t know what his vehicle battery is, the leisure one is the same as in the OP
The NDS solar controller does both batteries through the EBL. The EBL has two inputs for solar one for leisure and one for starter battery

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Kris, did you manage to complete this project? I have 2021 160BHP Auto SLB and am looking at doing the same.
I have Schaudt WA 121525 B2B like you, also factory fitted solar panel controlled by a SUN SC360M. As far as I can tell, in addition to the new Lithium batteries (TBD) I need to set the B2B to Lithium, adjust the jumpers SC360M, and the EBL211 Electroblock is set to Lead-Gel. No further hardware required. Can you confirm? Tx in advance, Guy
Hi Guyadria, The GEL setting on the EBL is not ideal for Lithium, it has a 6 hour absorption where as lithium only require 2 hours, it also float charges which again is not good for lithium. My lithium dealer stated if this was used and damaged the battery it will not be covered by warranty.
You could easily fit a Victron Blue smart charger and connect it to the leisure batter by the EBL. This will be lithium ok. Can remove the 240v plug from EBL to use as supply to Victron controller. I will be uploading a VLog showing how I did this this week

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Staplehurst, Tonbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returning to MHoming after 11 years
This will be lithium ok. Can remove the 240v plug from EBL to use as supply to Victron controller. I will be uploading a VLog showing how I did this this week
I shall look forward to seeing it. Perhaps you can flag me when you have uploaded by updating this thread? Tx, Guy

May 19, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria V65SL Abarth
Can someone do me a big favour do a voltage check on the factory b2b to see what’s coming in and what’s going out as I am a little confused when my van is running it still only shows 12.5v turn it off and after a bit it goes up with the solar very strange

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back