Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
I rejoined Faceberk solely to access the Chausson Owners Group, which, briefly, was very good - however within hours I was blocked, and when I asked for a review, they wanted more details than I wanted to give, including photo. I hadn't been rude, posted any swear words, my only 'crime' was that I used a false name, made a new junk Gmail address and blocked all my information from being shared. Just shows what they want from it's users in order to function - never again (n) (n)

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
How do they know - I used 'normal' sounding name etc

Could have be many flags for them, the new gmail account for a start, something to do with you having a previous account linked to your means off access (phone/pc/ip address)

They wouldn’t have known for sure which is why they blocked it to be reviewed. Good on them.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I think there is so much pressure on social media to prevent trolling and other abuse they have to take these steps. Why not use your real name, photo, and regular email address?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
bd88397460aacac96aeae723d3ac7e31ab7138c07a3e049ed44cc12eb255d8fc.jpg

Pete

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
To avoid all the other crap arriving in my inbox !!
Was it Farcebook or the admin of the group you joined that blocked you ?
Do you still have access to other parts of farcebook

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
I rejoined Faceberk solely to access the Chausson Owners Group, which, briefly, was very good - however within hours I was blocked, and when I asked for a review, they wanted more details than I wanted to give, including photo. I hadn't been rude, posted any swear words, my only 'crime' was that I used a false name, made a new junk Gmail address and blocked all my information from being shared. Just shows what they want from it's users in order to function - never again (n) (n)
I deleted my FB account 3 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Felt a sense of freedom.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Your sense of community spirit is interesting...
Did you want to access the Chasson Owners' Group to give help and information or did you just want to find out stuff?

JJ :cool:

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Don’t do face ache, Twitter or any of the others, mobile phone switched off except for emergencies, one email address, just 2 subs to sites, this and Fotobuzz.com for photography.
The release from being available 24/7 and people expecting answers immediately, not having the constant crap thrown at you by people who live in a hole( bloody social media, what’s social about it?) is like having a mediation session every day.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
You tired and failed to deceive a free group and feel unhappy.
if you ever get scammed I bet you would say why didn’t ‘they’ prevent it.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
The child bride originally got her mobile for emergency use and never switched it on. Pointed out on numerous occasions that maybe someone might need to ring her in an emergency!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Because of all the tat that you receive.

I use my settings to block spurious emails and other stuff, dont have a problem. I do find Facebook becoming more essential as many small businesses use the platform for info, selling and booking.

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
I use Facebook for the Chausson Owners Group, (which is a private group), along with a handful of other Private groups.

I use my real name and email and use the privacy settings to make sure no one has access to my details. My profile is private and I don’t get any friend requests or other unwanted contact / communications

I get no spam email from Facebook or any other source related to it.

I’m still alive, my bank account has not been raided and the last time I checked I was not being followed by MI5 or any other security service. 😜

Jan 20, 2020
Great Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A770HS
Exp
I'm a newbie
I use Facebook for the Chausson Owners Group, (which is a private group), along with a handful of other Private groups.

I use my real name and email and use the privacy settings to make sure no one has access to my details. My profile is private and I don’t get any friend requests or other unwanted contact / communications

I’m still alive, my bank account has not been raided and the last time I checked I was not being followed by MI5 or any other security service. 😜

You and your pesky competence with technology. You'll spoil it for all those who love to revel in their ignorance and regaling us with their "off the grid" lifestyle :LOL:

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s

Yes you are.
regards
Ken McCallum

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Me no understand.... I am on F book with a false name [when in FT work was advisable not t have real name /details out there] which could not really be mistaken for a real name [as an aside everyone else I am in contact with from work also has a nom de net !] I have never had any emails from anything to do with face book - although sometimes adverts pop up on it with a spooky relevance to a topic I have been researching and it often suggests very odd 'friends' I may want to add to my huge following of 20 or so people ...
I have also joined several F Book groups[NC 500 - women with campervans - Loki the raven is a must ] so am I just unpopular? Not that I want any junk mail.....

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Me no understand.... I am on F book with a false name [when in FT work was advisable not t have real name /details out there] which could not really be mistaken for a real name [as an aside everyone else I am in contact with from work also has a nom de net !] I have never had any emails from anything to do with face book - although sometimes adverts pop up on it with a spooky relevance to a topic I have been researching and it often suggests very odd 'friends' I may want to add to my huge following of 20 or so people ...
I have also joined several F Book groups[NC 500 - women with campervans - Loki the raven is a must ] so am I just unpopular? Not that I want any junk mail.....
No, that's my experience too. There are obviously links as everyone gets posts relating to subjects you have been looking at online.If you have your privacy sorted and ignore all but your known friend requests it can be useful for group info and products from sites you haven't seen before.There's plenty of opinionated rubbish too but, as with life, you can ignore, move on or join in. Occasionally a name from the past crops up through the way it works and,again, it's your choice as to whether to contact or not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back