Exterior Habitation lighting (1 Viewer)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I don't have any exterior lighting on my Motor Home for when we sit outside in the evening. On our old van we had a exterior light over the habitation door exit.
I'm looking for something that is not going to consume too much power from my leisure battery. I came across this on eBay. I have tried to contact them to find out what sort of consumption this would use but can't get through. Can anyone give an educated guess or suggest something better.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
5 hours constant use = 1amp of battery power.

You will need to drill a small hole in the van wall and find a 12v & earth power source plus a switch to turn it on and off as the unit is unswitched..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
As Langtoft says 0.22 amps, meaning a 100 amp leisure battery would happily run it for 227 hours no problem.

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
As Langtoft says 0.22 amps, meaning a 100 amp leisure battery would happily run it for 227 hours no problem.
I take it I wouldn't be able to improve on that by much then.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I take it I wouldn't be able to improve on that by much then.
The specific light you're looking at is "warm white" which has a yellowish output. Nothing wrong with that but a "daylight" or "cool white" output may suit better as they are, well, whiter \ brighter.
The supplier your looking at seems to have "cool white" as well. Might have "daylight" but ....?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What about using a PIR one then the light will come on when to arrive back at the van in the dark. Plenty on eBay.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We have just bought a four meter self adhesive strip of dimmable led's that have a remote control from Aten lighting, the beauty of these is that they are 8-30 volts. Ask for Saul at Aten lighting, he's very helpful. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back