Exhaust for my Hymer (1 Viewer)

revival

Free Member
Oct 24, 2009
Funster No
Does anyone know where I can get a new exhaust for my 1988 Hymer A class 2.5 Peaugot? I live in North Essex. Thanks

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I am not sure if your Hymer has a standard Peugeot exhaust or one that was made specifically for your chassis. However, when the exhaust on my ALKO chassis Hymer started to go I had a stainless steel one made by Longlife Exhausts

Exhaust Systems - Custom Exhaust - Longlife Stainless Steel Exhaust - Longlife

They made and fitted the exhaust in 2 hours, welding it in place so that it is seamless from the manifold to the tailpipe, re-routed it for the best possible and most efficient exhaust exit, and gave me a lifetime warranty. The re-routing made a noticeable difference to the performance of the van.

A year ago it cost £350 which was considerably cheaper than the original Hymer/ALKO replacement system.

I am a delighted customer of this firm and highly recommend their service, professional manner and very competitive prices. I used the Caerphilly branch but there is one close to you at Rainham.

Pat

veloplus

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Funster No
Earlier this year I had a custom stainless steel back box and tailpipe fabricated and fitted by Longlife in Swansea.

They offered a 10% discount and I ended up paying £270.00 (inc. VAT).

One of the two silencers was dispensed with and in replaced with a single silencer, but with extra packing. The van does run a little better and with only a small amount of additional noise, however, this is hardly noticeable. You can also select the type of tailpipe and where it exits from underneath the van.

The job took around 2.5hrs, during which time, I was able to wait in the reception area equipped with complimentary internet and magazines. I was also provided with a cup of tea.

If you look on the Longlife website you will see there are baranches (actually franchises) over most of the UK, however, not all depots have large enough bay doors to enable them to work on large motorhomes. This is why I ended up visiting Swansea, rather then the Bristol Longlifr depot which is closer to my home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back