Ex - Caravanner now Ex - Motorhomer (1 Viewer)

Mar 18, 2021
Brixham the English riviera
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well...we gave it a go.
We decided that although we had some breaks over our 1 year ownership it just wasn't working for us so we returned the m/h to the dealership who said they'd sell it for us on sale or return. Happily for us it sold after a couple of weeks and apart from the cost of the gas-lo system and the tracker we got our purchase price back in full.
B+B's, travelodge, premier inns, and statics will be our holidays from now on. Do we regret buying it - absolutely not. Would we buy another one? If it was like the one in the picture then...maybe šŸ˜ Happy to have been part of the crowd and I still have some ads in the classifieds so I'll be here for a while. So good luck to you all and Enjoy yourselves. Mark.

Attachments

• 20210829_171024.jpg
    20210829_171024.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 280

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
You sold it at the right time - well done indeed Mark :cool:

We decided to finish with the whole motorhome-thing a few weeks ago but for us personally we never really took to the sport. It looked better in the brochures than in real life.

Well done for giving it a go though.

All the best,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Like you we sold up this year after 8 years of touring. Last year was just too busy and after trying to book a trips away this year and finding our favourites booked up we sold up.
People ask if we miss it bit as yet we don't.

Good luck

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

I would seriously like to hear your thinking on this.

I had a Westerly 33 in Greece for 30 years - now in the good hands of a very dear friend.

We drove/ferried our MH down to Greece this year and parked in several bays that I knew from many times anchoring there.

I did have 'pangs' - diving over the side into crystal-clear waters, but also of memories of single-handed for 13 hours heading into a F6-7 from Peloponnese (Kyparisia) to Milos, I did heave-to for sandwich and a beer, but then the satisfaction of making harbour and mooring up.

If I bought another sailing boat it might have to have at least an electric/hydraulic anchor winch, because at near 80 my back is not so good.

Please tell me your story of boats and thoughts about a new another one.

Pm if you prefer.

Geoff

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Sold my LM30 motorsailer a while back now. The good thing about the motorhome is I don't have to scrub and antifoul nor worry about the mooring when it's blowing a hooley. Advancing years made maintenance a bit of a chore and even an electric windlass doesn't remove all the physical aspects. Have to admit that, at 77, I'm getting too old . OH never really took to the yacht anyway. Much prefers the motorhome.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
We had 2 caravans and then two PVC all are too small for a family of 6 tbh.

I still have the PVC and go away to my parents or wild camping and use it as a welfare / works van for my job.

Wife prefers a bit if luxury and not a roamer like I am so we have a lodge in Devon.

Cheers James

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Would love a proper yacht a HR or Nauticat would be top of my list but has better stop before the threads anchor loses hold!

Cheers James

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If we were permanently restricted to UK only breaks/holidays, we too would seriously consider swapping back to a tugger.
Same here or pack up alltogether..Can't get excited about touring in UK.Got away to Spain and France last year and already once this year and off again next week.Worth the hassle for the lovely quiet sites ETC whilst Covid is happening.BUSBY.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Well...we gave it a go.
We decided that although we had some breaks over our 1 year ownership it just wasn't working for us so we returned the m/h to the dealership who said they'd sell it for us on sale or return. Happily for us it sold after a couple of weeks and apart from the cost of the gas-lo system and the tracker we got our purchase price back in full.
B+B's, travelodge, premier inns, and statics will be our holidays from now on. Do we regret buying it - absolutely not. Would we buy another one? If it was like the one in the picture then...maybe šŸ˜ Happy to have been part of the crowd and I still have some ads in the classifieds so I'll be here for a while. So good luck to you all and Enjoy yourselves. Mark.
Good luck for the future mate.
The way i am feeling right now i could quite easily join you.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
We sold ours about 2 years ago.

We decided to sell because all motorhomers are old (y)
Hey who are you calling old I've just turned 70 and better half is only 63 is :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :rofl: :rofl:

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hope your next chapter is enjoyable
Wehave sold ours and bought a Staticā€¦ā€¦lovin it
Many a time, this has crossed our minds :unsure: but would like to keep our van, never seems enough space to park the van on site!...but just had a brief nose around, I'm sure plenty of other places to look..enjoy(y)

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Have decided to sell my Hymer b680 Starline . More for health reasons , my foot wont heal up . It needs a few things doing bits and bobs but will make a great starter van for someone.
Was thinking if i could swap it for a smaller van ie pvc so other half could drive .

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back