Eurotunnel then transiting through France to Spain (3 Viewers)

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
You have only picked out a small part of the whole text and out of context .
The whole text I have posted in #43

I picked out No1, as No2 does not apply to me, as I'm from the UK...that's the way it reads to me...otherwise it would not be Numbered if the whole Text applied to everyone...
Am I mistaken...

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Its so confusing, as there seems to be night curfews in France not sure we would be allowed to drive during the night, although I am sure the wagons & vans will be on the motorway during the night.
Power of Attorney - not sure we know anyone we wholly trust in Spain.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
I picked out No1, as No2 does not apply to me, as I'm from the UK...that's the way it reads to me...otherwise it would not be Numbered if the whole Text applied to everyone...
Am I mistaken...

Yes 🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Am I mistaken...
Indeed but you must complete the attestation which does not cover transiting except for the reasons given . So patience is the order of the day as it is for us who live here till the lockdown allows any of us to travel .
But I give up as UK citizens appear to be so desperate to leave the place they will manipulate the rules to convince themselves it is acceptable . Not sure why but perhaps someone can enlighten me

Nomadian

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Not up Jim’s arse like some
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
More than some less than others
Indeed but you must complete the attestation which does not cover transiting except for the reasons given . So patience is the order of the day as it is for us who live here till the lockdown allows any of us to travel .
But I give up as UK citizens appear to be so desperate to leave the place they will manipulate the rules to convince themselves it is acceptable . Not sure why but perhaps someone can enlighten me

coz it’s cold wet and fecking miserable over here😂😂 btw I’ve resigned my self to wait and see what happens on the 15th in France and the situation in Spain.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
coz it’s cold wet and fecking miserable over here😂😂
Not exactly toasty here either ! But we have accepted lockdown as their is a virus out there . We recently had over 94% full ICU . This is only the 3 rd winter I have spent at home in 17 years but needs must .
My Melbourne daughter is horrified at the winging poms after her 7 month real lockdown . But they have no new infections , no deaths , no hospitalisations . The virus does not move . People move .

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Not all of us! Some see the sense in the restrictions. Maybe if more did, we would get through this quicker!

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Yes you may well be able to BUT it depends upon the level of infections and the ICU situation . So we all have fingers crossed including we who live here ! As until the 15th we are locked down with a few more things allowed

Sadly it's not going too well at the moment

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
ot sure we would be allowed to drive during the night, although I am sure the wagons & vans will be on the motorway during the night.
This is where people get confused. The restrictions do not usually apply to anyone working.
Neighbour travels regularly To/from Holland without subject to any restrictions. . Never been stopped apart from week before last & that was here in Spain coming back.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
This is where people get confused. The restrictions do not usually apply to anyone working.
Neighbour travels regularly To/from Holland without subject to any restrictions. . Never been stopped apart from week before last & that was here in Spain coming back.
Wonder if they will notice our Fifth Wheel :unsure: :giggle::ROFLMAO:(y)

Markas

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bressuire, Deux-Sevres
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Off and on since 2015
We need to visit Spain to sign some official papers. Not thinking of travelling until after 2nd December when hopefully we are allowed. I have the necessary proof that my visit is needed which if we are stopped by Spanish police should be accepted, but am not sure what the position is transiting through France. I am hoping that someone may have already done this for work etc and could let me know what the position is at check in and exiting in France via Eurotunnel, also have they been stopped on route in France and what paperwork was asked for. I know the French have a form they have to complete i think on a daily basis if leaving home, would we have to complete the same form. It would only be a short visit and I think the return journey would not be a problem except quarantine when we get back to UK which we would do.
I do not want to delay this as we may have a 3rd lockdown when we could not travel at all.
We would be social distancing at all times so not worried about catching or transmitting anything, so please no COVID police just hoping for some helpful advice.
Hi, lots of guesswork and speculation on this thread so here's my experience of returning to my home in France last Saturday (21/11/20) in my campervan via le shuttle.
Roads in the UK much as normal...little notice apparently taken of 'Essential travel only' warnings on the motorway matrix signs.
Ticketing / check-in bornes as usual at the tunnel
Questioned by UK passport control as to the purpose of my visit -
"I'm going home"
"Do you have proof"
Gave him the notary's Attestation for my property purchase last July
"No problem. Sorry I had to ask, it's just that you're in a campervan"
(Did also have gas/ water/ electicity bills just in case)
No questions at French passport control, business as usual at the Coquelles end...off the train, onto the motorway.
As others have said, the Interior Ministry website (in English) says you can pass through France for onward travel or to return to your home in France as an EU/ EEA citizen. I did print off the Attestation de déplacement international (not strictly needed) to prove this.
You should also complete the Attestation sur l'honneur that you are free of Covid-19 symptoms (I wasn't asked for it)
You have a proof of the purpose of your visit.
Be aware that all the Camping Car Aires seem to be shut. I stopped the night at the aire de la baie de la Somme instead of Merlimont as it was all barricaded off (thanks, CCP🤔) and trucked back home along the autoroutes. Saw one police van, traffic was like Xmas Day in the UK mid-80's 😂
You could complete the attestation de déplacement derogatioire, ticking the box to say your travel is "Convocation judiciaire ou administrative"; this covers signing legal documents. It can be filled in & saved as a QR code on your mobile.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
We need to visit Spain to sign some official papers. Not thinking of travelling until after 2nd December when hopefully we are allowed. I have the necessary proof that my visit is needed which if we are stopped by Spanish police should be accepted, but am not sure what the position is transiting through France. I am hoping that someone may have already done this for work etc and could let me know what the position is at check in and exiting in France via Eurotunnel, also have they been stopped on route in France and what paperwork was asked for. I know the French have a form they have to complete i think on a daily basis if leaving home, would we have to complete the same form. It would only be a short visit and I think the return journey would not be a problem except quarantine when we get back to UK which we would do.
I do not want to delay this as we may have a 3rd lockdown when we could not travel at all.
We would be social distancing at all times so not worried about catching or transmitting anything, so please no COVID police just hoping for some helpful advice.

Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
I'm sure all paperwork can be signed digitally these days. There is no need to leave your house.
A signed PDF along with an email should be acceptable.

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Thanks for that...Guessing you were asked

"Questioned by UK passport control as to the purpose of my visit'

was due to the UK Lockdown Essential Travel rather than anything to do with going to France...as several cars were turned away as they were going on a Jolly to Bulgaria !

As your Home is in France you are Allowed to travel through France...

I'm trying to find out if I can Transit through France to Spain to a Pre-booked Campsite...

Hopefully find out more today as the French Prime minister will clarify Macron's statement...

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Inter regional travel is still not allowed here .

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Inter regional travel is still not allowed here .

Is that for French Citizens or Everybody ? Where did you read that ?
As it doesn't state that from everything I've seen/read...

It's Bloody Confusing...

I cant find anything that states that,it states you can only do Excersises within 1Km of your home, and for up to an hour, but that's for French Citizens...

All I can find is below, even the French Gov states restrictions for 4 weeks from Oct 30th, and that was copied 5 mins ago...

Screenshot_20201126_165602_com.android.chrome.jpg
h

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201126_165700_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201126_165700_com.android.chrome.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20201126_165935_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201126_165935_com.android.chrome.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 10

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
It gets more contradictory the more you look. I've just found this article, published today in The Local, which includes the following:

Travel within Europe, however, is allowed for any reason - taking into account individual countries' lockdowns and rules on quarantine/testing for new arrivals.

The European Commission currently says that travel is allowed for any reason between EU and Schengen zone countries.

At present that includes the UK, but once the Brexit transition period ends on December 31st, the UK will become a 'third country', not part of the EU or the Schengen zone.

That seems to fly in the face of the lockdown measures in place, as far as I can see.

Confused I am.....:unsure:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
This is todays update and inter régional is ont allowed but MAY be after 15 December IF infections fall below 5000

image.png

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
At present that includes the UK, but once the Brexit transition period ends on December 31st, the UK will become a 'third country', not part of the EU or the Schengen

It's this bit that worries me. We've been planning on getting away in March/April, by which time we hope we will have had the vaccine, but now it seems there's a possibility that the Schengen zone may be out of bounds to us for who knows how long :cry:.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
It's this bit that worries me. We've been planning on getting away in March/April, by which time we hope we will have had the vaccine, but now it seems there's a possibility that the Schengen zone may be out of bounds to us for who knows how long :cry:.

Planning anything more than a few days ahead at present is a bit of a lottery - we're all just spectators on this roller-coaster and it's a helluva ride.....:whistle2:

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
I think that's highly unlikely. I think aiming for April would be better than March though

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I spoke with my Spanish friend on Skype last night. He tells me the authorities are tightening travel restrictions through Valencia and looking to extend the restrictions beyond 9th December.

He wasn’t sure about people travelling to pre-booked accommodations, motorhomes/caravans or holiday homes though.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Being someone who can't travel outside of our municipality in Spain, I admit I'm a bit miffed about motorhomes and caravans travelling the length and breadth of the country. It's not so bad if they have a booked place, get there and then abide by the regulations, but things like this do get me angry.

Taken from a motorhome in Spain Facebook but I've removed the name.

Screenshot_20201126-174819_Chrome.jpg

Can't entirely blame motorhomers though. I also blame the authorities for not making things clear and not policing the rules.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
We’ve just had a German couple arrive on site having driven here from Frankfurt. 2 days in France, then 2 days in Spain with no problems.

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Being someone who can't travel outside of our municipality in Spain, I admit I'm a bit miffed about motorhomes and caravans travelling the length and breadth of the country. It's not so bad if they have a booked place, get there and then abide by the regulations, but things like this do get me angry.

Taken from a motorhome in Spain Facebook but I've removed the name.

View attachment 443859

Can't entirely blame motorhomers though. I also blame the authorities for not making things clear and not policing the rules.

<Broken link removed>

@ 1:54:30...

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
She is transiting to take up permanent residence