Eurotunnel then transiting through France to Spain (1 Viewer)

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Will update Next Week as Booked on the Eurotunnel Dec 2nd 12.20...then N10 down to Denia, No Corvid Test as Transit via Road, and Allowed to Travel through France as allowed under Long Distant Transit ticked in the Form...
16063079770147585297445239273998.jpg

Last edited:

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
If you are travelling to Spain you need a COVID free certificate unless you are resident !!! I know this because we have a house there and get regular updates from our neighbours and friends who are resident .
It’s a 6000 euro fine if you don’t have one !!!
That is only for airports and ports up to now don't need one if driving into Spain

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If you are travelling to Spain you need a COVID free certificate unless you are resident !!! I know this because we have a house there and get regular updates from our neighbours and friends who are resident .
It’s a 6000 euro fine if you don’t have one !!!
Only by plane or boat. Driving across the border there is no requirement.

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
I don't know if these forms (attached) have been superseded since we used them in March.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• French attestation_de_deplacement_derogatoire.pdf
    37 KB · Views: 24
  • French staying on an Aire Documernt.pdf
    67.5 KB · Views: 16

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Will update Next Week as Booked on the Eurotunnel Dec 2nd 12.20...then N10 down to Denia, No Corvid Test as Transit via Road, and Allowed to Travel through France as allowed under Long Distant Transit ticked in the Form...
View attachment 443322
That is certainly not the French version or direct translation .
On the french official version there is no Long Distance Transit .

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
A class Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2012
We don’t like flying, we are not taking the van, this is not a holiday. We both drive so taking the car, one will sleep while the other drives so cuts out the need for an overnight stop in France. I don’t think it would be any cheaper flying, we have Frequent Traveller journeys to use so don’t need airport parking or car hire. Also if flying we both need the COVID test at a cost of approx £120 each.
Just heard on the french news that from the 12th France are opening travel to Spain ) or anywhere) but they are also making the test compulsory.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
We need to visit Spain to sign some official papers. Not thinking of travelling until after 2nd December when hopefully we are allowed. I have the necessary proof that my visit is needed which if we are stopped by Spanish police should be accepted, but am not sure what the position is transiting through France. I am hoping that someone may have already done this for work etc and could let me know what the position is at check in and exiting in France via Eurotunnel, also have they been stopped on route in France and what paperwork was asked for. I know the French have a form they have to complete i think on a daily basis if leaving home, would we have to complete the same form. It would only be a short visit and I think the return journey would not be a problem except quarantine when we get back to UK which we would do.
I do not want to delay this as we may have a 3rd lockdown when we could not travel at all.
We would be social distancing at all times so not worried about catching or transmitting anything, so please no COVID police just hoping for some helpful advice.
I've seen the total sum of 1 police car on the motorways from Santander south to the algarve and back into France. Just don't go to a rave or two on your way.

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
Sorry to be a killjoy, but wouldn't it be simpler, cheaper, and quicker to just fly down to Spain.
Not much fun travelling in the van in most places with everything either shut down for Covid or the winter season.
PS: I would always choose van over flight, but these are strange times, and it would get the job done.
LES
Why not take the ferry to Bilbao, no problem then with the froggies. (y)

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
That is certainly not the French version or direct translation .
On the french official version there is no Long Distance Transit .

Well it Certainly the one Eurotunnel supply to their Booked Customers....As for Direct Translation... Ask a Frenchman ( Person )

• Informative
Reactions: zac

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Just heard on the french news that from the 12th France are opening travel to Spain ) or anywhere) but they are also making the test compulsory.
For the moment I have not heard this here but tomorrow our PM Jean Castex will be clarifying Macron’s statement if yesterday
Till the 15th this is the situation reference entering France from the French government and in english
2. If you are in another country, you are recommended to limit international travel as much as possible. If you however must travel, you can only enter France if your journey meets one of the following criteria for exceptions:

• If you are a French national (you may be accompanied by your spouse and children);
  • If you are a European Union citizen or a national of Andorra, the Holy See, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland or the United Kingdom, and your main residence is in France or you are crossing France to reach your country of nationality or residence (you may be accompanied by your spouse and children);
  • If you hold a valid French or European residence permit or long-stay visa and your main residence is in France or you are crossing France to reach your residence in the European space;
  • If you are transiting for less than 24 hours in an international zone;
  • If you hold an official passport;
  • If you take up your duties in a diplomatic or consular mission or in an international organization headquartered or having an office in France, where necessary with your spouse and children, or if you travel to France with a mission order issued by your home State;
  • If you are a foreign health professional helping to fight COVID-19 or recruited as a trainee for this purpose;
  • If you are a member of crew or personnel operating passenger or cargo flights, or travelling as a passenger to reach your departure base;
  • If you are carrying out international goods transport;
  • If you are a passenger coach or train driver or crew member;
  • If you are a member of crew or personnel operating a merchant or fishing vessel;
  • If you are a student with a long-stay visa or short-stay visa (VCS) for study or placements or coming for less than 90 days from a country exempted from VCS requirements or you are a minor enrolled in school, and you can prove you have accommodation in France;
  • If you are a professor or researcher employed or invited by a French higher education establishment or research laboratory and you are travelling for study and teaching purposes;
  • If you have a “Talent Passport” or “ICT posted worker” long-stay visa, where necessary with your spouse and children;
  • If you are travelling to France to receive treatment in a public or private hospital.
The transit is for air travel

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Well it Certainly the one Eurotunnel supply to their Booked Customers....As for Direct Translation... Ask a Frenchman ( Person )
My french after 17 years is well capable of comparing the two and there is no section for long distance

Nomadian

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Not up Jim’s arse like some
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
More than some less than others

I have just had a look on the eurotunnel website and I think your form is out of date as the one on there now is here.

and is the one that spitfire has mentioned.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
There is a part on that official french site which seems to fit if you are entering France for the purpose to get to Spain unless i am reading it incorrectly. This is the link Here
Of course this would be after the lockdown ends in the UK on 2 Dec

Nomadian

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Not up Jim’s arse like some
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
More than some less than others
Zac, this has already been mentioned and quite possibly means airport transfers ( although nobody is 100% sure), it’s all very ambiguous. I wrote a tweet to the french embassy for clarity which has been ignored, cest la vie. 😂

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
There is a part on that official french site which seems to fit if you are entering France for the purpose to get to Spain unless i am reading it incorrectly. This is the link Here
Of course this would be after the lockdown ends in the UK on 2 Dec
In an international zone . Airport transit

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Cor blimey!!! This is doing my nut in! I dont think anything is straight forward and all I'm interested in is whether we could get down to Spain going via the tunnel just before chrimbo? I think the 15th Dec is the important date for transiting France isn't it?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Cor blimey!!! This is doing my nut in! I dont think anything is straight forward and all I'm interested in is whether we could get down to Spain going via the tunnel just before chrimbo? I think the 15th Dec is the important date for transiting France isn't it?
Yes you may well be able to BUT it depends upon the level of infections and the ICU situation . So we all have fingers crossed including we who live here ! As until the 15th we are locked down with a few more things allowed

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
I have just had a look on the eurotunnel website and I think your form is out of date as the one on there now is here.

and is the one that spitfire has mentioned.

Seen that now, Doh !
Probably do what a Frenchman would do...

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
does not say airport so that's an assumption as is mine

Despite many wishing to interpret phrases and designations as it suits their travel wishes, this site refers to them as airport transit areas, not the whole territory of France.

Interpreting the phrase as meaning anything else would be contradicting the travel limitations in place, I would say.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Got this from our Gov web site
Travel to France is subject to entry restrictions
  • Arrivals by sea and air routes will need to complete a ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight.
  • Although there is no restriction on travel from the UK and most European countries, travel from most non-European countries is subject to entry restrictions.

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
Are you sure that you need to go to Spain ? A few years ago, well before Covid, I had some papers to sign and also send a Power of Attorney to my solicitor in Spain. I had these witnessed in the UK by a Notary Public and sent them by DHL to Spain, everything was okay with this and a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than going to Spain, especially considering the times we are in now

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Got this from our Gov web site
Travel to France is subject to entry restrictions
  • Arrivals by sea and air routes will need to complete a ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight.
  • Although there is no restriction on travel from the UK and most European countries, travel from most non-European countries is subject to entry restrictions.

Got this off the French Gov Site....

Screenshot_20201125_161807_com.android.chrome.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back